NAR Home Buyer Statistics

Very interesting stats, one that surprised me is that there are more single/unmarried women buying homes than single/unmarried men across every age range. 

The main reason why people are buying..."It was just the right time, was ready to buy a home" is one of the main reasons that most of my buyers fall into (along with wanting more space).

Looks like a vast majority of buyers believed that they were buying a home for the next 15+ years across all of the age ranges which doesn't pan out because the every buyer sells their home within 5-7 years.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Very interesting stats, one that surprised me is that there are more single/unmarried women buying homes than single/unmarried men across every age range. 

The main reason why people are buying..."It was just the right time, was ready to buy a home" is one of the main reasons that most of my buyers fall into (along with wanting more space).

Looks like a vast majority of buyers believed that they were buying a home for the next 15+ years across all of the age ranges which doesn't pan out because the every buyer sells their home within 5-7 years.
Yeah, makes me wonder where single men put their money? GME call options? haha

sleepy5136 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Or spend more money on flash cars or expensive watches.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Hey even watch brands like Rolex, AP, Patek have seen an astronomical rise in value on the secondary market. You got people wearing a down payment on their wrist now.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Hey even watch brands like Rolex, AP, Patek have seen an astronomical rise in value on the secondary market. You got people wearing a down payment on their wrist now.

That is true.  Heck, I even have my own car habit with each car being a downpayment on a house but at least my cars either maintain or increase in value.  haha

Money printing lifts all boats.  The market for collectibles is on fire right now. 

There are Mike Trout and Lebron sports cards selling for millions, even though the rarity is debatable and they are still currently active players!!  It reminds me of the late 80's mania for collectibles that ultimately ended badly in the early 90's.  Beanie babies anyone?

Back