Nanny Share

Hi,

The wife, 5 month old son and I just moved to Irvine. I came across a related thread in the IHB forum and decided to join.

Basically, my wife and I are looking for another family to nanny share with. I've searched for the past day and can't find a good site to find other families (sharenanny.com didn't have any families locally, closest was in Yorba Linda). We're not "affluent" enough to pay $2000 to an agency either.

We work M-F. Schedule is somewhat flexible, but we'd need someone to watch (play, teach, feed...etc) our son between 8-6 for the most part.

We have a small condo in the Metropolitan so the children could stay at our home or yours.

We are a Christian Family, but don't impose our spiritual beliefs on anybody else. Another Christian Family would be nice, but really not necessary.

We keep healthy food and snacks in our home and are very conscious of safety and health related issues.

If we can't find a good nanny, my wife has also expressed her willingness to stay at home and be the nanny for our son and 1-2 others (she has a LOT of experience nannying, but took a career change before the birth of our son).

Anyways, if you're interested, please reply and I'll get back to you immediately.

I'm not looking for a nanny but I'm curious what a nanny share is? Does that mean you hire a nanny to watch your kids and someone elses kids and split the costs? or do you spilt the days?

I assume it's to split the cost. I haven't thought about this before, but might be a decent option when my time comes...early 2010.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1254366467]I'm not looking for a nanny but I'm curious what a nanny share is? Does that mean you hire a nanny to watch your kids and someone elses kids and split the costs? or do you spilt the days?</blockquote>

Looking for 1 nanny to care for 2 children. Technically nanny sharing can also be trading off a nanny between two families so that the nanny has a "full time" schedule, but that wouldn't fit our needs.

That sounds like a really good option as child care can take a huge chunk of your paycheck. I'm surprised you couldn't find anyone in Irvine on that Nanny Share site. I would think more families would want to split the costs.

I would recommend placing a small ad in a Church bulletin.

Nate, have you checked with the children's ministry at your church or one near you? I would try that. Talk to the teachers / other parents / or put a flyer up.

[quote author="traceimage" date=1254378768]Would a pagan family be totally out of the question?</blockquote>

Yeah... Sorry. No witches around my son...

I'll look into the church bulletin. We just moved here from Riverside, so no new church yet.

[quote author="Nate" date=1254385168][quote author="traceimage" date=1254378768]Would a pagan family be totally out of the question?</blockquote>

I'll look into the church bulletin. We just moved here from Riverside, so no new church yet.</blockquote>

Check out <A href="http://www.saddlebackfamily.com/home/index.html">http://www.saddlebackfamily.com/home/index.html</A>, seems like a good church and the membership is huge (they have a sattlelight Irivne campus) so should be easy to find a nanny share.

[quote author="Nate" date=1254385168][quote author="traceimage" date=1254378768]Would a pagan family be totally out of the question?</blockquote>

</blockquote>
Heh... I think you mixed up pagan with wiccan.

Pagan basically has no religion... while wiccan actually is one... just not a Christian one.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1254468357][quote author="Nate" date=1254385168][quote author="traceimage" date=1254378768]Would a pagan family be totally out of the question?</blockquote>

</blockquote>

Pagan basically has no religion... while wiccan actually is one... just not a Christian one.</blockquote>

Although Wiccans aren't the kind of witches that are going to boil anyone or anything like that. They're also called neopagans. It's a religion that respects and worships nature and the earth, that kind of thing.

[quote author="traceimage" date=1254479471][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1254468357][quote author="Nate" date=1254385168][quote author="traceimage" date=1254378768]Would a pagan family be totally out of the question?</blockquote>

</blockquote>

Pagan basically has no religion... while wiccan actually is one... just not a Christian one.</blockquote>

Although Wiccans aren't the kind of witches that are going to boil anyone or anything like that. They're also called neopagans. It's a religion that respects and worships nature and the earth, that kind of thing.</blockquote>

But will she turn you into a newt?

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1254468357][quote author="Nate" date=1254385168][quote author="traceimage" date=1254378768]Would a pagan family be totally out of the question?</blockquote>

</blockquote>

Ooops... Sorry about that. I hear atheist so much these days that I forget Pagan cover similar territory. In that case, yes. A pagan family would be fine.

Back