Motorized Window Shades

GPI

Hi folks,

We're evaluating our options for window coverings for our new home and have chosen to use woven wood shades. I am working with a couple of different dealers, and so far like the options from Alta, a brand under Hunter Douglas.

Has anyone here gone for motorized shades that can be voice-operated using Google Home / Alexa? So far, we've been recommended to use Alta Bliss automation by one of our dealers.

Any suggestions/thoughts welcome.

I haven't looked into that. I think it might be a security concern since you'd have to keep the windows in an unlocked position.

This product for existing roller shades looks interesting to me but I have not tried it

I got Hunter Douglas roller shades for my 2 sliding doors. They are good quality. I chose to go the the pebble remotes instead of wifi route because i have way too many home apps and too many commands to remember for alexa. Sometimes you gotta go back to basis. With that being said, HD hub can be installed to work with voice command like google nest/amazon echo.

We looked at Hunter Douglas and Lutron and decided to go with Lutron for our sliding doors. The Lutron Caseta app is supposed to be able to control it, but I still haven't set it up yet. For now, we're just using the remote. There's one shade (out of 6) that doesn't coordinate with the others when using "All", so we still need to get it fixed.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. My dealer has suggested that we go with Bliss automation by Alta. I wonder if I need to buy a gateway like SomFy Tahoma for this automation.

Also, can anyone comment on how good shades from Alta are? The dealer also suggested Horizon but AFAIK it's quality is lower than Alta's.

I got Hunter Douglas roller shades for my 2 sliding doors. They are good quality. I chose to go the the pebble remotes instead of wifi route because i have way too many home apps and too many commands to remember for alexa. Sometimes you gotta go back to basis. With that being said, HD hub can be installed to work with voice command like google nest/amazon echo.
How do you like your Hunter Douglas shades so far?

Back