Message From IUSD Superintendent Regarding Pig Flu

SoCal78_IHB

I just got this emailed to me so thought I'd copy & paste to share:

"Dear IUSD community member:

On Thursday, April 30, the Irvine Unified School District was informed that Orange County health officials have identified two potential cases of the H1N1 virus, one involving a University High School student.

The student experienced flu-like symptoms following spring recess, but tests have yet to officially confirm that he contracted the virus commonly known as ?swine flu.? While we await these results and remain vigilant in our efforts to prevent the spread of all communicable illnesses, we are pleased to report that the young man has subsequently recovered from his symptoms and returned to school.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the H1N1 virus is a respiratory disease with symptoms that are similar to those associated with the regular flu, including fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headaches, chills and fatigue.

The Irvine Unified School District is working closely with the Orange County Health Care Agency, which continues to monitor local events with the support of the CDC. At the present time, the Health Care Agency recommends that all schools in Irvine remain open.

Additional updates will be posted on the IUSD website at www.iusd.org.

For news and information on the H1N1 virus, please visit the following sites:

? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

? California Department of Education

? California Department of Public Health "

Back