Meadowpark Elementary

SCARLETTE_IHB

Hi all,

I've been a lurker now for a few weeks and was very glad to have my membership finally activated! We have recently moved to an area of Woodbridge zoned for Meadowpark Elementary school. Our little boy will be starting 2nd grade there in the Fall. He is a little anxious (understandably) about starting at this school. Does any one here have personal experiences with this school - in terms of the staff, the teachers (especially the 2nd grade ones), what to do, what to avoid doing, etc.... Thanks!!!

Can't think of any to-do's or not to-do's for Meadowpark. It is a great school - both of my sons have attended. It feeds into South Lake Middle, which was recently rated (in OC Register) as the #2 Middle School in all of OC. There aren't any BAD schools in Irvine, per say. I like these two (and my oldest son will attend Woodbridge High next year) because they are good quality, a bit smaller, so they don't get lost in the shuffle. The parents are VERY involved at Meadowpark and there are a number of very long term teachers. Good Luck - I love it here!

[quote author="jenyfurg" date=1242980046]Can't think of any to-do's or not to-do's for Meadowpark. It is a great school - both of my sons have attended. It feeds into South Lake Middle, which was recently rated (in OC Register) as the #2 Middle School in all of OC. There aren't any BAD schools in Irvine, per say. I like these two (and my oldest son will attend Woodbridge High next year) because they are good quality, a bit smaller, so they don't get lost in the shuffle. The parents are VERY involved at Meadowpark and there are a number of very long term teachers. Good Luck - I love it here!</blockquote>

Meadowpark is great! Tell your son not to worry because Meadowpark is a really great school. When we were there, I felt that the teachers gave a lot of homework, but now I am glad because it helped to prepare the kids for South Lake Middle School. If your son likes music, he is in luck. The music program is wonderful! In 4th grade, they can play an instrument. The music teachers are very talented. I was very impressed with most of the teachers at Meadowpark. For 2cnd grade, I really like Miss. Kamback. Don't worry, you are in one of the best schools available!!

Back