McCain?s Economic Plan

profette_IHB

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080624/pl_bloomberg/ajxbcbplynwy">McCain's EBay Model for Jobs Finds Few Buyers Among Economists </a>

June 24 (Bloomberg) -- John McCain's model for ginning up the economy isn't Keynesian or Milton Friedmanite. It's EBay Inc.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee regularly asserts that 1.3 million people worldwide ``make a living off EBay.'' He holds up the figure as evidence the world's largest Internet auctioneer is a model for job and economic growth.

this is exactly the kind of statement that riles me up about politicians...

<blockquote>``You know the economists?'' McCain said June 12 at Federal Hall, near the New York Stock Exchange. ``They're the same ones that didn't predict this housing crisis we're in. They're the same ones that didn't predict the dot-com meltdown. They're the same ones that didn't predict the inflation that's staring us in the face today.''</blockquote>

there were plenty of economists who predicted this... and they were all hamstrung by the powers that be. if someone had tried to stop the real estate and construction bubble in arizona a few yrs ago, i wonder what kind of reaction they would have received from john mccain.

[quote author="acpme" date=1214374917]this is exactly the kind of statement that riles me up about politicians...

<blockquote>``You know the economists?'' McCain said June 12 at Federal Hall, near the New York Stock Exchange. ``They're the same ones that didn't predict this housing crisis we're in. They're the same ones that didn't predict the dot-com meltdown. They're the same ones that didn't predict the inflation that's staring us in the face today.''</blockquote>

there were plenty of economists who predicted this... and they were all hamstrung by the powers that be. if someone had tried to stop the real estate and construction bubble in arizona a few yrs ago, i wonder what kind of reaction they would have received from john mccain.</blockquote>

QFT! But that's just me having lived in AZ while McCain was there. He did very little for the state as a while and spent alot of time DC doing... who knows what!

Oh well

-bix

You need to check out

www.michaelmortenson.com

It's a new blog about politics my buddy started. He just started it on Sunday, keep checking back he is working on it all the time--great political articles and commentary!

Back