McCain on Obama?s position on Iraq

[quote author="WINEX" date=1217480630]According to the Washington Post and some other sources, he formally swore loyalty (Bay'ah) to bin Laden in October 2004 and was in turn appointed bin Laden's deputy. </blockquote>

Yeah, and Bill Clinton swore he didn't have sex with that woman. I think we all know what Al-Zaqarwi's word was worth. His actions show how empty that promise was, and he repeatedly repudiated Bin Laden's calls not to terrorbomb Muslims. Indeed, although the real Al Qaeda has never target Muslims with its terrorbombing, terrorbombing civilians was "Al Quaeda in Iraq"'s primary strategy (IEDs were primarily done by ex-Baathists.)

[quote author="WINEX" date=1217480630]Not only was Saddam Hussein supporting terrorists in Iraq, but he was very openly giving money to families of suicide bombers attacking Israel in the weeks before the war.</blockquote>

Well, finally you came up with something that Hussein actually did. Let's look at whether that's a good justification for war. Let's assume that Hussein paying a couple million to bomber's families was the *sole* cause of the intifada, and that a brutal, oppressive occupation, billions from the Saudis, and thousands of years of conflict have nothing to with it. This intifada has killed about 700 Israeli civilians. The was has cost at least 700 billion dollars, 4,000 US soldiers, and maybe 300,000 Iraqi civilians. I'll just ignore the costs of largely destroying Iraq's physical and social infrastructure and the increased oil prices from knocking down Iraq's oil production. So for the Iraq war to be justified saving ONE Israeli civilian would have to be worth:

5 dead US soldiers

500 dead Iraqi civilians

1 BILLION dollars from the US taxpayers' pockets

You think this is a good deal?

As to how it relates to Obama, it's very simple. If Obama is elected, we will withdraw from Iraq promptly, saving thousands of American soldiers, hundreds of billions of taxpayer money, and improve our chances of getting Bin Laden. If you care about our troops, the taxpayer, or justice for 9/11, you must support Obama.

FairEconomist, that has to be the lamest attempt at dodging an issue I have ever seen. I guess you did answer the question of intellectual laziness versus fundamental dishonesty though.

<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080807/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_us_bases">Like I wrote before, it's over. We surrender. And under the current admin no less.</a>

Back