Master Planned Communities in San Diego

PANDA_IHB

I am also starting to broaden my home search to San Diego as well. Is there any nice master planned community that has similar feel to Irvine? I've heard that Poway is a good place to live and also has good schools? If i am searching for new construction SFR homes between 2500 - 3000 square feet, what area would be a good place for me to start searching.

Anyone have any information about Chula Vista? It sure is close to Mexico. There must be as many hispanics living there as there are asians living in Irvine.

Look in to Carmel Valley, and Aviara. You need to be within a few miles of the water to really enjoy the climate. Poway is too hot.

Outside of Qualcomm, the military, and collecting social security are there actually any other ways to make a living in San Diego? I like it down there, but there sure do not seem to be many (good) jobs.....

[quote author="CK" date=1228404437]Outside of Qualcomm, the military, and collecting social security are there actually any other ways to make a living in San Diego? I like it down there, but there sure do not seem to be many (good) jobs.....</blockquote>

Healthcare, Biotech, Finance/Banking (ha). Have you ever been to Downtown San Diego? There is a large tech presence in Sorrento Valley.

[quote author="eclipxe" date=1228444544][quote author="CK" date=1228404437]Outside of Qualcomm, the military, and collecting social security are there actually any other ways to make a living in San Diego? I like it down there, but there sure do not seem to be many (good) jobs.....</blockquote>

Healthcare, Biotech, Finance/Banking (ha). Have you ever been to Downtown San Diego? There is a large tech presence in Sorrento Valley.</blockquote>

Yes, I drive to the downtown SD office for the Big 4 accounting firm I work for every couple of months. It's a very nice place, it just has never felt big and dynamic to me from a business sense --- more like a resortish/military/retiree town. Another indicator to me that there was not a lot going on from a business sense is that our Firm's practice is much smaller in SD than OC, and we struggle a lot with the client base we do have there --- and as a Big 4 firm, we typically try to focus our services on the big dogs.

But don't take my comment as critical, I really like SD a lot. Just my impression that it was a different business climate. But you sound like you know more than I do about it, so I'll defer.

[quote author="eclipxe" date=1228444544][quote author="CK" date=1228404437]Outside of Qualcomm, the military, and collecting social security are there actually any other ways to make a living in San Diego? I like it down there, but there sure do not seem to be many (good) jobs.....</blockquote>

Healthcare, Biotech, Finance/Banking (ha). Have you ever been to Downtown San Diego? There is a large tech presence in Sorrento Valley.</blockquote>

I was just down in San Diego early this week and was amazed at how many Sorrento Valley office parks have "The Irvine Company" on the entrance monuments as well as buildings in downtown San Diego with TIC's logo on the doors. It was almost like being in Irvine.

agree. There are also quite a few well known law firms with offices either downtown or in the Del Mar area.

Panda, if you're not near the water (cooler weather) it doesn't make sense to move to SD, IMO. Otherwise it's no different from other places in CA. But it is cheaper than OC. Chula Vista is not well liked by the locals but the default rates there are unbelieveable. You could get a place for $100/sqft easily, fully loaded.

Imagine have the wherewithall to purchase a $1,550,000 home in 1997. And in 2008 you have to short sell for $2,600,000.

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Rancho-Santa-Fe/16110-Via-Del-Alba-92067/home/4189213">Rancho Santa Fe</a>

Back