Looking for House Rental in Irvine. June/July Move In

aldenf22

Hi Everyone,

My family and I will be re-locating to SoCal in June this year, as I have recently accepted a job in Long Beach. We have 2 Kids ages 6 and 2, and I think Irvine makes the most sense. We are open to other area's. School System is our #1 priority.

I am posting here to see if you guys can recommend any other area's that we should be looking at with about a 30-40min commute to Long Beach.

We are looking for a 3-4 Bedroom detached home, with about 1800+sq ft of living space. Budget is about 4k for rent, and looking for a long term rental.

aldenf22 said:
Hi Everyone,

My family and I will be re-locating to SoCal in June this year, as I have recently accepted a job in Long Beach. We have 2 Kids ages 6 and 2, and I think Irvine makes the most sense. We are open to other area's. School System is our #1 priority.

I am posting here to see if you guys can recommend any other area's that we should be looking at with about a 30-40min commute to Long Beach.

We are looking for a 3-4 Bedroom detached home, with about 1800+sq ft of living space. Budget is about 4k for rent, and looking for a long term rental.

The traffic will kill you from Irvine to Long Beach, and you will have a hard time finding a detached home for $4k per month.

Your best bet is Los Alamitos for the schools.  Palos Verdes would also be a good school choice but way out of your price range.  If your kids have the smarts to compete with the Chindians, then look at Cerritos.

Maybe Fountain Valley. It's farther than Los Alamitos but it's close to the 405. Individual schools can vary but I think FV is still a good district. I would avoid Westminster and Garden Grove which are between FV and Los Al.

Competing with chindians and their tiger parents makes one strong.  Don't be goin' to no weak ass santa ana school.

I would also suggest Cerritos or Los Alamitos. Like for like homes in these 2 places are cheaper than Irvine too. If you want to have a bearable commute and care a lot about schools then those might be your best bet. Irvine is great for kids as a community and activities but you have to ask yourself if that drive makes sense.

4 bedroom home with yard/land in Cerritos rents about $4000-$4500. The same home in Irvine will be somewhere between $500-$1000 more.

with 4k budget, you may want to downgrade to attached 3 bedroom, if you insist on Irvine

aldenf22 said:
Hi Everyone,

+1 for Cerritos. Los Al is totally different, mostly nice and real nice (love Rossmoor) but Cerritos has the best public schools around and it is a very well kept area.

Back