Looking for a Polestar 2 owner

Kenkoko

A friend of mine is a part time Youtuber and she's hosting and filming a test drive of EVs.

She's looking for a polestar 2 owning who is willing to share his/her car for a test drive. You don't have to show your face or be filmed unless you want to.

You will get to test drive other EVs.

We already have Model 3, S, Y, X, Mach-E, Etron, Q4 Etron, Taycan, Ionic 5, Rivian R1, and ID4.

The event is tentatively scheduled for the last weekend of march.

Please let me know if you're interested! It should be fun  :)

Q4 EV is out already?

You need to get the EV6 on that list.

You could also contact the local Polestar dealership (Laguna Beach) and see if they will bring one... you never know.

Can we show up just to look? I want to see the Rivian R1T in more detail (just see a bunch of them in and around Irvine).

irvinehomeowner said:
Q4 EV is out already?

You could also contact the local Polestar dealership (Laguna Beach) and see if they will bring one... you never know.

Can we show up just to look? I want to see the Rivian R1T in more detail (just see a bunch of them in and around Irvine).

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll forward it to my friend.

Yes, you can show up just to look. I will message you the info once everything is confirmed. I imagine there will be a small crowd.

I'm not sure why EV6 isn't on the list. l will ask

irvinehomeowner said:
Q4 EV is out already?

Wait you're not going to stay anonymous anymore? 

akkord said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Q4 EV is out already?

Wait you're not going to stay anonymous anymore?

I wouldn?t wear my IHO name tag. :)

irvinehomeowner said:

Sorry IHO, unfortunately, it has turned into a private event.

They were able to secure track time & actually got a sponsor.

But now every car owner needs to sign legal docs, release forms and waivers, so they decided to make it private.

irvinehomeowner said:
@Kenkoko: So how was it?

We got the track for the whole day so it was a lot of fun.

Tesla model S plaid - just insane acceleration. I think the quarter mile time was just over 9 seconds. Unbelievable for a production car. Even the fastest Porsche Taycan Turbo S could not keep up.

Taycan - drove the 4S not the Turbo S. Feels very luxurious, but really lacking in the performance department. Getting completely smoked by the model S plaid really dampened the excitement. Maybe the Porsche emblem justifies the price for some, but not for me.

Rivian R1T - this one surprised me. Very powerful acceleration and handles really well. I really liked the interior and the feel of the cabin.

Audi E-tron - This one disappointed a little bit. I was expecting more performance and better handling for the price.

Polestar 2 - Felt a bit clunky maybe because the car is heavy. Didn't handling the road as well as the model 3.

Ionic 5 - Felt like it was the best value.

Mach E - I liked it, but I think the Model Y is still the better buy.

ID4- The slowest one by a very noticeable margin. I definitely like the Ionic 5 more.

Kenkoko said:

Which Mach E model was it? GT? That's really the only one compatible with Model Y in terms of pricing.

irvinehomeowner said:
Great rundown.

Pretty much inline with my research and observations.

No EV6 to compare to the Ioniq5?

Thanks!

There was no EV6 unfortunately. And I never did get a response on why. Weird  ???

Kenkoko said:
CalBears96 said:
Kenkoko said:

Which Mach E model was it? GT? That's really the only one compatible with Model Y in terms of pricing.

Yes, it was the top trim GT.

My brother-in-law ordered the GT for my sister because she didn't like the suspension on Model Y. He mentioned something like she felt it didn't feel like a luxury car, but a sports car. I don't know what that means since I've never been in a Model Y.

I ordered a Model 3 for my wife since she'll be driving long distance after we move to Irvine and a Mach E Select for myself. I want the rebate.  ;D I'm swapping in my Prius Prime. Battery on PP is going bad because I've put 80k+ miles on it, in less than 5 years.

irvinehomeowner said:
Model Y rides rough. Even rougher if you get the bigger rims.

I think it?s the same with 3.

I see. Well, I ordered the Model 3 with regular rims because my wife didn't want to pay $1500 for the bigger rims even though she thinks they look nicer. And the regular one is more energy efficient as well.

Kenkoko said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Tesla model S plaid - just insane acceleration. I think the quarter mile time was just over 9 seconds. Unbelievable for a production car. Even the fastest Porsche Taycan Turbo S could not keep up.

Taycan - drove the 4S not the Turbo S. Feels very luxurious, but really lacking in the performance department. Getting completely smoked by the model S plaid really dampened the excitement. Maybe the Porsche emblem justifies the price for some, but not for me.

So the Tesla handled better on turns too, or was this just a straight 1/4 mile track?

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Model Y rides rough. Even rougher if you get the bigger rims.

I think it?s the same with 3.

I see. Well, I ordered the Model 3 with regular rims because my wife didn't want to pay $1500 for the bigger rims even though she thinks they look nicer. And the regular one is more energy efficient as well.

The standard rims look nice behind the Aero hubcaps if you don't mind the slight loss in efficiency:

iu

You just have to buy a lug nets and center cap kit (cheaper on Amazon then from Tesla).

akkord said:
Kenkoko said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So the Tesla handled better on turns too, or was this just a straight 1/4 mile track?

Both car handled the track really well. I would call it a very even match in terms of handling.

Taycan just did not come close to Tesla Plaid on any linear acceleration. On turns, I noticed it much less.

But coming out of turns, the Taycan has a very slight delay when pushed to accelerate. I noticed this on a few other cars too.

The Plaid acceleration was seamless.

Taycan 4S was slower than the Rivian truck on the straight 1/4 mile dash.  :-\

Back