Loft style homes in OC

jyeh74

I cant find any other than Santa Ana and Aliso Viejo (Latitudes North)  I am looking for some high ceiling loft style townhomes.

yah, saw those.  Santa Ana school district with 1.9 tax rate, who would be crazy enough to pull the trigger there. 

Perhaps that is the price to pay for urban hipster lofts.  Keeps the riff raff out.  Those 4 story Chelsea models are pretty badass though.

test said:
Perhaps that is the price to pay for urban hipster lofts.  Keeps the riff raff out.  Those 4 story Chelsea models are pretty badass though.
Yeah, so badass that they can't sell them, huh?  I don't see a future for you in the residential real estate business test. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Yeah, so badass that they can't sell them, huh?  I don't see a future for you in the residential real estate business test. 

Chelsea is nearly sold out.  LOL.  FYI, Asians always want to have more floors/height than their neighbors.  You should ask USC for a refund, you didn't learn anything, LOL.

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Chelsea is nearly sold out.  LOL.  FYI, Asians always want to have more floors/height than their neighbors.  You should ask USC for a refund, you didn't learn anything, LOL.
I learned enough to know that the whole CPW development is just the huge white elephant of Irvine, on par with the North Korean Towers across the street.  :p

Are you looking for any particular style of loft? I don't know about in this area, but industrial-style is really popular in other parts of the country. Concrete floors, exposed duct work in the ceilings, and semi-private bedrooms with an open floor plan. It seems like loft-buyers go for not just the location or the live-work attributes but rather the "je ne sais quoi" features of loft-style living.

SoCal78 said:
Are you looking for any particular style of loft? I don't know about in this area, but industrial-style is really popular in other parts of the country. Concrete floors, exposed duct work in the ceilings, and semi-private bedrooms with an open floor plan. It seems like loft-buyers go for not just the location or the live-work attributes but rather the "je ne sais quoi" features of loft-style living.
I think they sell those type of lofts over in Santa Ana, Anaheim, Fullerton, and Brea. 

The santa ana lofts on main are like that.  small office or store on the ground floor, then living on the floors above, with lots of exposed concrete/ducts and high ceilings.

The Santa Ana ones had the right idea with building near a train station.

If you're going to live near a busy/noisy area, you should be able to monetize it while at the same time giving commuters a shop/service area.

What type of businesses usually are in these live/work units? When I looked at the ones with IR in Old Town Tustin, not many were using them for businesses but just private in-home office. I saw one photo studio, a crafts store and a couple of professional services like a CPA.

I would probably do something like a sundries/convenience store... even the neighbors would come by instead of driving to the market... (could even put in a RedBox DVD rental machine... heh).

The last i heard, the santa ana ones were a mix of high end retail (cigars, handbags, jewelry) and services (not the BK kind!, but law, marketing, etc).  i would guess that 75% or so were in use as businesses.

Really? I find that intriguing... high-end retail in those work/live lofts... maybe I'll stroll by when I can find my Kevlar vest*.

*Hyperbole for BK.

You can check out Vivere in Anaheim. It's SUPER high ceiling lofts. Highest is a 2bd 2ba + den and loft at about 2000sqft and $595k! You can hear Katella and freeway from anywhere in the bldg. Don't be fooled as they have fountains and waterfalls to mask the noise. The complex is very nice and they have a workout center, "hang out spot", an avg pool--although for 92 units, it might get a bit tight. Seems pretty secure since you need a keyfob everywhere you go. They have 21 floor plans! So check it out. They've been out for a few weeks and have sold 13. Sales office seems a bit slow and they follow you around the models with an iPad.  :D

http://www.bcre.com/vivere-anaheim.php  (not their official site, but gives you a good idea)
http://livevivere.com/(Found the OFFICIAL site)

USCTrojanCPA said:
test said:

That's okay, test still has lots of time before he graduates from high school.

Back