LEE Homes

jbatzmaru_IHB

Does anyone know of them and their rep?

i checked out their website and they won many awards but since i am not in the business i don't know if those awards are worth anything.

Thanks

They are desperately trying to unload the Harbor Lofts in Anaheim. An article in the OC Register this morning says they are waiving the HOA fee for two years if you purchase by February 15th.

East Coast Builder, decent rep, small company so customer service is not up to par with the larger developers. Product design is not suit for So Cal as many of their developments lack ammenities, however, i don't consider that a design flaw as I believe that's how it should be with an urban infill product. Why provide an onsite workout room when there's a gym down the street? In addition, more ammenities in a for sale products equals additional liabilities for the HOA.

Personally, i think they are great floor plans. True flats, polished cement floors, steel catwalks between buildings. A "real" urban look. Too bad it won't sell, wrong demographic, bad market. Too different for the orange county dweller that loves IAC Mediteranian arch.

what about material usage? do they go cheap or do they use decent materials? do they cut corners when designing and building? are they like lennar with missing beam in the attic sorta of deal? cost cutting where you can't see it

<p>jbatz,</p>

<p>I went to Harbor Lofts when it was just a pile of dirt. The sales lady understandably had no clues back then. One thing that I do remember was that most of the units were simply a "box". And if you want "walls" it will cost you extra. Hahahah. </p>

<p>And have you try the "catwalk"? Imagine on a windy or rainy day with a bag of grocery. </p>

Those catwalks are definitely not cheap, nether are the windows they use. You can't think of this as an sfd house, this is a large condo building and they aren't going to cut out structural supports like a beam due to huge legal risk. If they leave out a beam, it's not your responsibility anyways, if it's in the wall, it's the hoa's they have to deal with it and they'll sue the developer. More over, they've probably hired a GC to do this job on a GMAX contract, if Lee has a decent construction team and q&c setup, no way should they allow the GC to cut corners.

I've seen the CDs and the wall and floor assemblies are solid, obviously, with the gypsum concrete floors, sound attenuation will not be an issue. Windows are a high atc spec so outside noise shouldn't be an issue either. Again, this is the closest thing to a true urban design in oc, a true flat. I think it's cool, i don't think OC's ready for this, neither is the area, there ain't much going on over there.

Well Reason, i guess you are one of those types thats afraid of change and if someone does something different, you laugh at them untill you see a celebrity doing the same thing on entertainment tonight ... which you watch with all your cats. Gosh, i hope that collection of coach bags and d&g sunglasses made you happy.

<p>Actually, the laugh is not directed at changes or "if someone does something different." But if a builder is going to build a living unit and charges extra for the 'walls'? It's like a car salesman saying you can buy the car, but the wheels will be extras. </p>

<p>As to the catwalk, you seriously think it's practical? With no overhangs to protect from the elements? Such as rain or the Santa Ana wind?</p>

<p>It sounds like you bought a unit there? Or are you a realtor trying to sell those units? Oh, I get it. You're that sales lady I was referring to. Cause you seem very defensive. </p>

Reason, i think your recent post clearly shows that you don't understand the concept. You're stating that a builder selling a unit without interior walls is akin to selling a deficient product, however, this style of building is well known on the east coast and in europe. Just cause it doesn't have that Mediterranean look you love doesn't mean it's a bad design. So go get yourself a subscription to dwell or something and get educated.......idiot.

interior walking paths aren't different from any other 4 story apartment project, sure, top level units will be exposed to some elements, but building code regulates maximum walking path from elevator to unit. Furthermore, walking paths are enclosed by the residential structure itself so high winds won't be a big issue....idiot.

Nice, good attack by saying that i'm the sales lady, which isn't too far off cause i clearly know far more about this subject than you. As for being defensive, yeah, maybe, i do kinda get upset when people confidently and arrogantly make stupid opinions.

<p>Hahaha! Someone is alittle sensitive about this subject. Must have purchased one? Please control your emotions it's bad for your health.</p>

<p>And as you have informed this is more of a European or East coast product. Then I rest my case, we're on the West coast. Hahaha! Again, don't take this matter too seriously. There are more important things in life. Enjoy your online experience.</p>

And please take Irvinerenter's advise. Do refrain from name calling and provoking other online members. You might think you're 'anonymous' sitting in the comfort of your home and typing away. But rest assure, your real identity is readily available. .

nice, very creepy touch. Works both ways bud, if my identity is readily available so is yours. I'm taking this seriously? Your last comment insinuates that you are going to do some sort of real harm to me, over a posting in an online forum.

Urban planning and urban living takes its inspiration from east cost and european cities, it's presently a product thats more prevelant in the east but may eventually trend west. As I stated before, there's a reason this isn't a popular product yet because a lot of people are afraid of it, In your case, you seem to discount it because you're just afraid you can't make money off of it because you think it will affect resale. It's sad that you view your home as your retirement fund rather than a place to live, I guess you've got a lot of faith in the social security system.

Glad you had that second thought 10 minutes after your first, I guess it took you a while to realize you could parlay IR's comment into some sort of passive aggressive threat. It was good, shows that you are under control and have asserted dominance in this dialouge, nice. But hey, it's my fault, i shouldn't have called you a name, that was immature and was intended to only provoke a reaction, so how about we forget all that and you make an intelligent response to the architecture and construction of Harbor Lofts, do tell, are you still convinced that people will be exposed to high winds and excessive amounts of rain in this complex? Is there something we, as a forum, can clarify for you?

Back