Last minute holiday deals...

irvinehomeowner

Since "mom" won't make a forum for this... I've been shopping for a GPS for a few weeks.

I tend to like to buy electronics at Costco/Sam's Club because of the no hassle extra days warranty but Best Buy had a really good deal on a Garmin 255WT for $129.99. It has lifetime traffic updates (which was the one feature I wanted) and street name to speech capability (which my parents need).

It normally sells for $219.99 and I couldn't find a GPS with traffic under $150 at any of the warehouse stores.

For those of you who are looking to buy video game consoles, I highly recommend the PS3 because of it's other entertainment functions such as BluRay, external media and Windows Media streaming (now also has NetFlix downloads). ToysRUs will give you a free BluRay remote with any PS3 system purchase (much easier to use than a game controller to navigate your BluRay movies).

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Since "mom" won't make a forum for this... I've been shopping for a GPS for a few weeks.

I tend to like to buy electronics at Costco/Sam's Club because of the no hassle extra days warranty but Best Buy had a really good deal on a Garmin 255WT for $129.99. It has lifetime traffic updates (which was the one feature I wanted) and street name to speech capability (which my parents need).

It normally sells for $219.99 and I couldn't find a GPS with traffic under $150 at any of the warehouse stores.[/quote]

I just bought the 255WT at Best Buy....highly recommended..

I love it! And yes, it was $130. It's intuitive, easy to use and does everything you would really want from a Navi....I couldn't really think of anything that they could improve on it.

Back