Las Vegas landlord shocked by number of people desperate to rent his 160-square-foot unit for $950/month

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program

momopi

"A landlord who listed a tiny home for rent in the Las Vegas Valley was shocked by the overwhelming response he received from renters desperate to find an affordable place to live.

The anonymous Nevada man listed a self-built, 160-square-foot tiny home for $950 a month, all bills included. The price point clearly struck a chord with cash-strapped house hunters.

The landlord told Fox5 Las Vegas he received over 100 rental applications shortly after listing the unit — which is fully kitted out with a two-burner stove, washer-dryer, fridge, shower, second-floor bedroom and even a small private yard — and his phone “keeps ringing.”

He’s even had families with two children and a dog inquiring about renting the tiny home.

“It’s a tough situation to be in,” he said, expressing sadness that he can’t help everyone who asked to rent the tiny home."

Build cost $22,000. This guy's going to cashflow like crazy on this little unit. He should try to build more tiny houses if he can.

Damn, 160 sq ft is like 12.5 ft by 13 ft. But it says second-floor bedroom, which means the dimensions are even smaller. :eek:

Due to housing shortage, many cities have relaxed building and parking requirements. In my area, I believe you're allowed to have a "tiny home" up to 400 sq ft, it's treated as a park model or RV. To go above that you'd need an ADU permit.

If all you need is a small home office, it's possible to put in a fancy storage shed (up to 120 sq ft) and get permit for electric wiring. I ended up just putting a desk in my garage (wife took over the home office) and installed mini split unit.

Why, what's s special about it? There are a ton of apartments and private rentals in Irvine available for rent.
One-bedroom apartment range from $726 to $1,533. Two-bedroom apartment range from $859 to $1,828, and Three-bedroom apartment is anticipated to range from $982 to $2,101
Vs
Park West Starting at $2,395
1 - 3 Beds / 1 - 2 Baths

One-bedroom apartment range from $726 to $1,533. Two-bedroom apartment range from $859 to $1,828, and Three-bedroom apartment is anticipated to range from $982 to $2,101
Vs
Park West Starting at $2,395
1 - 3 Beds / 1 - 2 Baths

Ahhh below market rents....makes sense now.

Back