Know a good CPA in Irvine area?

conciseusa_IHB

My tax guy is being investigated by the feds for some aggressive financial engineering. I tell him not to push things too hard so I have not had any problems. I get the feeling others tell him to make the tax bill go away, and he makes their wishes come true...

So, if anyone here has a small office CPA or enrolled agent they really like, can you post them here.

Many Thanks.

[quote author="Walter" date=1247967129]My tax guy is being investigated by the feds for some aggressive financial engineering. I tell him not to push things too hard so I have not had any problems. I get the feeling others tell him to make the tax bill go away, and he makes their wishes come true...

So, if anyone here has a small office CPA or enrolled agent they really like, can you post them here.

Many Thanks.</blockquote>
I'll have my CPA by the end of the year. ;)

It might help if you gave a description of what you are looking for. There are many different areas of specialty. What all do you have going on? 1040, schedule C, K-1,????

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1247989144]It might help if you gave a description of what you are looking for. There are many different areas of specialty. What all do you have going on? 1040, schedule C, K-1,????</blockquote>

My stuff should be simple for any CPA. A 1040 with some rental property (Sch E) and an 1120 for a Corp I have for consulting and some extra income from a few things I have invented/developed.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247989990][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1247989191]I would suggest Awgee.</blockquote>
Good suggestion!</blockquote>

Is he a CPA? I looked him up in the member directory but no info in his profile.

[quote author="Walter" date=1247990681][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1247989990][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1247989191]I would suggest Awgee.</blockquote>
Good suggestion!</blockquote>

Is he a CPA? I looked him up in the member directory but no info in his profile.</blockquote>

He's an EA, and well versed in your type of returns. Send him a PM.

[quote author="Walter" date=1247990487][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1247989144]It might help if you gave a description of what you are looking for. There are many different areas of specialty. What all do you have going on? 1040, schedule C, K-1,????</blockquote>

My stuff should be simple for any CPA. A 1040 with some rental property (Sch E) and an 1120 for a Corp I have for consulting and some extra income from a few things I have invented/developed.</blockquote>
Is your stuff a little too complicated for Turbo Tax? I have W-2 income, 1099 Income (Schedule C), a few rental properties (Schedule E), stock/option trading (Schedule D), and an LLC (1065) and Turbo Tax works pretty well for me (it helps that I keep good records).

That being said, I'm not sure if Awgee is a CPA but he does have experience with dealing with the IRS and I have run a few advanced tax planning strategies by him as irs.gov didn't answer my questions.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1248009209][quote author="Walter" date=1247990487][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1247989144]It might help if you gave a description of what you are looking for. There are many different areas of specialty. What all do you have going on? 1040, schedule C, K-1,????</blockquote>

My stuff should be simple for any CPA. A 1040 with some rental property (Sch E) and an 1120 for a Corp I have for consulting and some extra income from a few things I have invented/developed.</blockquote>
Is your stuff a little too complicated for Turbo Tax? I have W-2 income, 1099 Income (Schedule C), a few rental properties (Schedule E), stock/option trading (Schedule D), and an LLC (1065) and Turbo Tax works pretty well for me (it helps that I keep good records).

That being said, I'm not sure if Awgee is a CPA but he does have experience with dealing with the IRS and I have run a few advanced tax planning strategies by him as irs.gov didn't answer my questions.</blockquote>

I used to use TurboTax. Worked well enough. I guess I feel the help a good preparer provides is worth the difference in price between TurboTax and paying someone. I PMed Awgee. Sounds like he is really busy, but he knows another EA he says is really good. I am waiting for him to pass along their contact info.

Back