Jews with nothing to do on Christmas Eve thread

Jews can celebrate the birth of a fellow Jew. Christ was a pretty orthodox guy. One of the gospels mention him going to Jerusalem for the feast of lights - Hanukkah - for example.

I have a Jewish friend who would throw a big dinner party for other people who didn't celebrate Christmas or those who do, but had nothing to do Christmas eve. I went one time and it was a blast. Just because you don't celebrate Christmas doesn't mean you can't get together with friends and family anyway "just because" (or "just because it's the Thursday before a three day weekend").

[quote author="evalseraphim"]I have a Jewish friend who would throw a big dinner party for other people who didn't celebrate Christmas or those who do, but had nothing to do Christmas eve. I went one time and it was a blast. Just because you don't celebrate Christmas doesn't mean you can't get together with friends and family anyway "just because" (or "just because it's the Thursday before a three day weekend"). [/quote]

We do that- a bunch of who don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas get together for a potluck or a party and have a blast! Just because we don't put a tree doesn't mean we are not going to enjoy the seasonal goodies, or seasonal shopping:)

I call it Christmas because that's the way I grew up...I've never been to Church in my life, except for Weddings etc...I think this time of year is a time for everyone to get together whatever they celebrate...

I should have posted here about my "Christmas Eve party" for Jewish, secular, or single parents without their kids that I had. Next year I'll definitely do that 'cause there is NOTHING to do on Christmas Eve! Normally at least I get to hang with my little one, you know? Not this year - he was at his dad's.

Back