Irvine Demographics in 2008

panda

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ADPTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=16000US0636770&-qr_name=ACS_2008_3YR_G00_DP3YR5&-ds_name=&-_lang=en&-redoLog=false

If your household income exceeds $200,000 that puts you in the top 12% percentile among 200,000+ Irvine residents.

$150,000 household or higher puts you in the top 25% percentile.

median household income - $94,903
mean household income - $114,434

White - 59%
African American - 2.5%
Asian - 38%
Hispanic - 8.7%
Other - 3.2%

Median age - 33

Population growth as a yearly percentage has slowed considerably as the City has matured. Between 1970 and 1980, population increases averaged 20% per year. Between 1980 and 1990, the average increase dropped to 8% per year; and since 1990, the annual increase has averaged 2% per year.

Because the City of Irvine is a relatively new City and started with a young population base, only 12.7% of Irvine's population was in the over-55 category in 1990. By the year 2020, however, 28% of the City's population is expected to be over 55. Where today there are about 21,000 residents over the age of 55, in 25 years that number is expected to grow to over 60,000.

Pebbles, thanks for asking. I am now thinking between 2011 - 2013 when our twins are between 1 - 3 years old. I think prices in Irvine should be a bit better by then. I took the townhome off the market back in May which I am glad i did.

[quote author="Panda "]Pebbles, thanks for asking. I am now thinking between 2011 - 2013 when our twins are between 1 - 3 years old. I think prices in Irvine should be a bit better by then. I took the townhome off the market back in May which I am glad i did.[/quote]
Yeah, it's really difficult to have your place on the market. I hated having people trecking through our house all the time and looking through our stuff. Keep us updated on the twins. That's exciting news.

Panda,

I never heard you lived outside of California. Where abouts exactly?

Im guessing..... Midwest? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Drew

[quote author="Drew"]Panda,

I never heard you lived outside of California. Where abouts exactly?

Im guessing..... Midwest? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Drew[/quote]

Hey Drew, I'm glad you were able to found us. Yeah, I am still in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I'll be visiting at the end of this month to check out the New Woodbury Collection. So what areas are you looking to buy? Are looking exclusively in Irvine?

P

Back