Irvine Crime Wave

At this rate you would want to be armed while shopping at Costco. It will be lucrative for robbers just take the whole cart with items worth several hundreds of dollars, and the one with big screen TV would become higher priority target
Unfortunately, if you shoot the thieves they’ll put you away for 10 or more years.

This is a bizarre story...

UC Irvine students sent to hospital after hackers send graphic images to their Discord server​

A disturbing cyberattack sent some UC Irvine students to the hospital because of traumatizing images sent by hackers.

"There were some things on there that I just could really not unsee," student Alina Kim said. "Very graphic, violent."

Kim is one of nearly 3,000 current and former UC Irvine students who witnessed the gore against their will.

"I heard about a lot of people vomiting, a lot of people crying," Kim said.

Thank goodness these are non-violent crimes and won't affect the stats.

Irvine police issue warning to homeowners as rash of burglaries plague area​

They say that over the past 35 days, there have been 34 reported incidents within city limits.

These articles barely say anything with their 'tips for homeowners'.

I'd like to know what Irvine PD is actually doing to stop these things.

Chileans caught near Martin's house...news @ 11.

cb1180c389ce87a5d1cd8f21f3050816

Just moved to OH and getting a good feel for the neighborhood. Do these crimes happen in the gated communities as well?

Just moved to OH and getting a good feel for the neighborhood. Do these crimes happen in the gated communities as well?

Welcome to OC. No, property crime doesn't happen as much in gated communities. However there was a murder suicide recently (last couple years) in your neighborhood! But overall, mostly Irvine is safe and Orchard Hills even more so.

Are you at one of the big tech companies, and transferred teams or offices?

Welcome to OC. No, property crime doesn't happen as much in gated communities. However there was a murder suicide recently (last couple years) in your neighborhood! But overall, mostly Irvine is safe and Orchard Hills even more so.

Are you at one of the big tech companies, and transferred teams or offices?
I got a new job down here at a medical company; wife has family down here so finally made the change. It's been really nice so far and lots of Indian people around. :)

I got a new job down here at a medical company; wife has family down here so finally made the change. It's been really nice so far and lots of Indian people around. :)
Not compare to the Bay Area though! I always laugh at the fact that that in all the Irvine company ads down here, you see a mixed race couple, one usually white or of unknown ethnicity, and one asian.

Up in Santa Clara where you *also* see Irvine Company apartments and ads, it's always an Indian paired with a white or ethnically ambiguous person.

Sadly, I think Indian food in the Bay is much better (or maybe more diverse?) than down here. However I really like living here, and I think you'll enjoy it as well.

Irvine is like this thumper in DUNE attracting criminals from all around.
"come rob us!"
North Hollywood - No problem
Inland Empire - Just a short drive
Chili?? - Holy crap that thumper is super effective!

thumper-dune-thumper.gif

Back