Irvine, California Born December 21, 1971

panda

@Imnotmoving, I truly believe that the kids in Irvine grew up the way you described back then. (Kids need to have fun summer camps, days at the beach, sleepovers and engaged parents.) The mid 90s was the golden years to call Irvine your home.

I believe well socialized kids make happier and healthier adults down the rode. I absolutely think the friendships we have from elementary school all the way into high school are very important for building kids confidence and feeling accepted in their peer group. I think a well adjusted person with social skills is probably more important than grades in the long run. Nobody asks what your gpa was when you are an adult. From what I have witnessed in the Irvine schools are high pressure parents that place grades above all else. Kids need to have fun summer camps, days at the beach, sleepovers and engaged parents. And yes many people carry these friendships through life with them, it is a very important part of the human experience.

irvine_ranch_1997.jpgirvine-5.jpgmarty.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a throwback. I remember the little Homefinding Center on the side of Jamboree and the 5 back in the day.

The FED 2% inflation mandate will do this.

Looking back is always helpful in predicting future for Irvine housing. So what the last 3 decades tell you?

It will move up over time. The best time to buy is yesterday, when you ready and be able to service your debts within your means.

The second best time to buy is today, when ready and be able to service your debts within your means.

There is nothing wrong with renting in a good neighborhood and in a good school district and call it home.

Back