Investing rental property in OC - where are some good zip codes/areas?

Interesting: Even if it states 1 common wall, if there is an ?air gap? in the construction, its ?detached? by definition.  Gotta love this new definition.

AccidentalAnalytics said:
Interesting: Even if it states 1 common wall, if there is an ?air gap? in the construction, its ?detached? by definition.  Gotta love this new definition.

Indeed, all they have to have is an air gap for it to be classified as a detached condo and get only 1 HOA.  I hope those walls between the units never have problems because it won't be cheap to take care of them.

USCTrojanCPA said:
AccidentalAnalytics said:

Indeed, all they have to have is an air gap for it to be classified as a detached condo and get only 1 HOA.  I hope those walls between the units never have problems because it won't be cheap to take care of them.

It is indeed interesting because there are some homes that I've seen a shared roof over the air gap...who would be responsible for roof maintenance in these situations if there isn't a sub association with master insurance?

Back