I need a little help...

First off, my name is Mike West and I'm a REALTOR? in the Inland Empire. As most of you are aware, we have a very active market out here right now. I run a website: , which is essentially part personal site, part community site. However my community portion of the site is beginning to falter, because I don't have enough activity in that section. I need more participants! The forums are similar to what is available here and it would be great if some of you checked it out and provided some input via the boards...I need opinionated and educated individuals like the ones on these forums to liven it up some. Thank you!

Maybe the community part of your website is failing because everyone in your community seems to be heading toward or in foreclosure? The market's "active" out there, all right. They might have better things to do then post on your website.

Hopefully they are, at the very least, reading other websites that might prevent them from making the same mistake again.

Why would people from the Irvine Housing Blog want to post on a IE site that doesn't have to do with Irvine or Orange County?

[quote author="REALTOR?.MikeWest" date=1217307933]First off, my name is Mike West and I'm a REALTOR? in the Inland Empire. As most of you are aware, we have a very active market out here right now. I run a website: , which is essentially part personal site, part community site. However my community portion of the site is beginning to falter, because I don't have enough activity in that section. I need more participants! The forums are similar to what is available here and it would be great if some of you checked it out and provided some input via the boards...I need <strong>opinionated </strong>and educated individuals like the ones on these forums to <strong>liven it up</strong> some. Thank you!</blockquote>

Can I introduce you to AZDave?

How about Thoughtful/Shock/Provider/etc.? Just check Lansner's columns in the Register. You'll definitely get opinionated (but it won't be very correct).

[quote author="REALTOR?.MikeWest" date=1217312706]Good point Anon...didn't think of it that way.

And sure to AzDave...</blockquote>

I wouldn't do that to you, man. You'd never forgive me.

What might be interesting to those here would be some info regarding clients/stories that you can relate regarding the effects of affordability of homes where you market vs. the rising price of fuel, etc. Your participation and unique insight would be welcomed.

Definitely an eye-opener Anon...for the fact that we didn't have a huge renting population here in the Inland Empire. Anyone and everyone who could buy a home was doing so. Now are we supposed to blame them for wanting this? I don't think so, but I see a lot of discussion on here about the infamous HELOC equity loan. For those individuals who took those out and didn't "re-invest" the money into something either than cars and toys, yes there is a serious problem and hopefully they did learn. We have an astronomical problem with foreclosures here, but we also have first-time home-buyers or investors coming out in droves. Individuals I wanted to appeal and market to. There are "two sides to every coin" it's bad that individuals are losing their homes, but there are also individuals gaining from this. It's not the kindest way to look at it , but it is the reality of the situation.

Stories....in the first-time-homebuyer range out here (165k-220k) I don't hear too many complaints about gas prices for the fact that most of my clients have either placed a solid down-payment down or their mortgage isn't extremely high OR they want to live in the immediate (near-immediate) area that they work in. However in the 300k-400k range I've had many discussions about price of gas and the effects of a business and real estate cycle ending at the same time. Most of these individuals commute to Orange County or LA County once they move out here...So they have very legitimate concerns..In regards to oil and gas...I think that bubble may have burst...but...did it already cause too much damage is the question right?

Back