I heart NYC!

graphrix

[flash=350,287:1ei8a38l]http://www.youtube.com/v/0UjsXo9l6I8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:1ei8a38l]

[flash=350,287:1ei8a38l]http://www.youtube.com/v/yMYb8sq-jDU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:1ei8a38l]

New York... concrete jungle. Where dreams are made of. There is nothing you can't do. Now... you... are... in... New... York... These streets will make you feel brand new. These lights will inspire you. Hear it for New York, New York, New York.

Man... I want to go back, and be inspired...

I must agree... it was a memorable visit and we will probably go back there for either Thanksgiving or Christmas/NewYear's next time.

"It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...."

I don't know who coined that phrase - but having both lived there and now "visit" over 5x a month, I'll stick with visiting, thank you.

Jay-Z is a great ambassador for that city. Last week I had to go to the downtown LA office 3 times, and drove each day --- so I got a lot of alone time with KIIS-FM. I bet I heard Jay-Z singing the praises of NYC 25 times last week. And then last weekend I told my wife "Maybe we need to plan a trip to NY to show our daugther." ---- and I know that statement was based ONLY on hearing that song so many times...

But come to think of it, Jay-Z could sell just about anything to me. Who didn't want to be on a yacht off the coast of Miami during the Big Pimpin' days?

I love walking a slow California pace in and around the NY subways and sidewalks, simply just to piss-off the people rushing around me.

Everyone knows I'm a tourist when I actually stop at a red crosswalk intercession, while all the natives continue to cross and dodge the cars who don't even slow down.

I made it a game to see how many people will make eye contact on the E train, none.

I love flying out of NY, cause you can spot the right terminal of similar under-dressed, colorful people heading back to Cali...

Most people who say they don't like New York have spent little time there, or haven't gone at all. Fantastic place with endless things to do. I'd much rather be in Times Square than downtown LA any day of the week.

We stay at the Kimpton hotel, near GCS so we have access to everything.

I was born in NYC, but grew up here. Sometimes I wish my family had stayed there. I love visiting New York (I just wish it were closer). There's so much to do and such a cool vibe. I wish I knew the city better, like my parents do.

I was at my cousin's wedding in NJ over the summer and my parents' old friends told my sisters and me, "It makes me sad that you're not from New York." It kind of made me sad too.

I also heart NYC and took my mom there in the Fall for her first time. As an avid theatre-goer, singer and Fine Arts enthusiast, it was unacceptable that she had never seen a show on Broadway!

I highly recommend the new musical Memphis and the cast and original choreography of West Side Story was fantastic.

As for hotels, I would recommend The Renaissance Times Square, which is right in the heart of Times Square. It has recently been renovated and has an urban chic boutique hotel vibe that I really enjoyed. It also has a reasonably priced restaurant called Two Times Square that has floor-to-ceiling panaramic views of Times Square.

As soon as I figure out how to reduce my picture file sizes, I'll post some pics of the skyline, Statue of Liberty and Times Square.

Excellent, tinypic is great!

I took this picture while dining at the "Two Times Square" restaurant at the Renaissance Times Square.

6r23d0.jpg

I took these two pics from the "Top of the Rock" observation deck at 30 Rockefeller Plaza ("30 Rock")

14b5lc5.jpg

zy7fhe.jpg

And finally, Lady Liberty. Liberty and Ellis Islands were awesome!
29zea13.jpg

I was very fortunate that on my second trip to NYC that I got to crash on the couch of friend of a friend in Brooklyn. I would have never ventured to Brooklyn had I not been forced to stay there. However, Brooklyn Heights and Cobble Hill are two of the coolest districts in NYC. If I lived in NYC, Brooklyn Heights would be a top choice for me.

2w524d1.jpg

nl9b9e.jpg

1175kjt.jpg

2ebh7i8.jpg

2akh001.jpg

m7zy2o.jpg

I love this photo...

2napm4h.jpg

2cpteo4.jpg

WTC in May 2008...

2141u1x.jpg

IHO... post some photos!

[quote author="Sunshine"]Excellent, tinypic is great!

I took this picture while dining at the "Two Times Square" restaurant at the Renaissance Times Square.

6r23d0.jpg

[/quote]

Is that facing south? I looks like where there was an Olive Garden last time I noticed.

I'll never forget Graph insisting that we go to the Bear Stearns building so we could take pictures with his $2.

[quote author="caycifish"]I'll never forget Graph insisting that we go to the Bear Stearns building so we could take pictures with his $2.[/quote]

You rang?

2pytdp4.jpg

[quote author="caycifish"] Is that facing south? I looks like where there was an Olive Garden last time I noticed. [/quote]

Good memory! The Renaissance is right next to/behind Olive Garden on the street level (just south), but it extends out right on top of the Olive Garden starting a few floors up. The Two Times Square restaurant sits right on top of the Olive Garden, so the view is probably comparable, although from a higher vantage point. Both are located on that sliver of land before 7th Ave. and Broadway intersect.

that's too funny Graph! Although,, in NYC, you should have used $1 coins... that is cool, how the Ticket booth is now clear plastic... ground zero still looks the same after 6+ years since I saw it...

things I just had to do in NYC... take a Taxi just for the heck of it... see phantom... and visit T-square...

[quote author="Sunshine"]
Good memory!
[/quote]

I lived a block away from T-Square for a month in college and every time I go I see at least 3 shows. The Olive Garden has been there the whole time.

Back