How to hide purchasing price, purchasing date & home data on real estate sites, such as Redfin, SoCalMls, etc...

[quote author="graphrix" date=1257840927][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1257838783][quote author="traceimage" date=1257837163]Graph, is there a way to do a trust after the fact? Like if you already own the home, but want to make the info private?</blockquote>
Yes, you can set up a title holding trust or you can transfer the property to a family or revocable trust.</blockquote>

Not sure on the title holding trust, but the family/revocable trust will not keep the info entirely private. For example: If the property is under my name "graphrix" and I transfer the property to "the crackercakes living family trust", I, "graphrix", will have to grant the title to the trust. The value will not show, but it will be public record that graphrix granted the title to the crackercakes living family trust.

This is why it is best to have a title holding trust setup before you buy a house, so that info is kept private, and most banks will recognize a title holding trust and treat as if you were buying the house as an individual.</blockquote>
You are right, doing it before the purchase will keep your privacy. I've seen several situations on property details of what you described.

[quote author="Wesley" date=1257847902]Thanks all for your input & insight!

Replying to StarterHome on examples of properties in which the sold date, sold price, square footage, lot size, etc... are hidden are 39 Fulton, Irvine 92620 & 80 Trailing Vine, Irvine 92620. If you access Yahoo Real Estate, choose "Home Values" option & type in these addresses then you will see these information are hidden from the public. I would like to see something similar for my future home purchase just for privacy.

An FYI for all that a suggestion to "opt out" (see below) are done by the sellers &/or listing agent when they close the listing & NOT by buyers.

"There is an ?opt-out? section at the bottom of the MLS-entry interface where the broker may hide these data from the ancillary sites."</blockquote>

Hmm. Both Redfin and Zillow show that 39 Fulton sold for $634,000, but neither show any sales for 80 Trailing Vine, which is a fairly low end condo built in 2005 judging from nearby units. I don't know why somebody would bother to do whatever legal jujitsu that would be needed to hide the sale price of such a low end property, if such is actually possible.

The only thing I can think of is that it simply never ever sold in the first place and the builder still owns it, or there was some sort of an error and the sale was never recorded properly by the county. The only other times I've never seen Redfin not have last sale is when a house was built in 1960 or something and you can tell by the property tax value that the original owners still live in it (most on-line records on go back so far), or when the last sale was very recent (although they've fixed the last problem by now including MLS sales). But I've never seen absolutely no sales for a generic low end condo built four years ago. I would like somebody's professional opinion on this one. Very peculiar.

Back