How to back out from a short sale contract?

gld2

The contract is still within inspection contingency. I am a buyer's agent (newbie). What is the reason I should send to the seller agent? My client just doesn't want the house because the house condition is not as good as he thought.

Thanks

gld2 said:
The contract is still within inspection contingency. I am a buyer's agent (newbie). What is the reason I should send to the seller agent? My client just doesn't want the house because the house condition is not as good as he thought.

Thanks
As long as you are still in your contingency period just communicate that you want to cancel escrow and draft up a Cancellation of Contract CAR Form (Form CC) and send it off to the escrow company so your buyer can get all of their deposit back.

gld2 said:

Thanks

This seems an odd place to come for an answer to that question.  The answer, of course, is "7D."
Always consult the contract.  Your broker or manager should be able to guide you if other questions arise. 

cancellation.jpg

-IR2

Back