How long before you drop a client?

test

As an agent, if you show a client house after house but they never put in any offers, when do you decide to drop them?

Good question. Maybe if you tell them you are too busy when they ask to see a home they will get the ideal finally and move on.

What's the reason for ditching them? You don't think they will ever buy? You have other clients? You did a cost analysis and the payoff if they buy a house does not justify the work?

What did they say when you asked them why they hadn't made an offer?

[quote author="test"]As an agent, if you show a client house after house but they never put in any offers, when do you decide to drop them?
[/quote]
That is a great question. Most of my clients are very savy buyers who know what they are looking and are ready to pull the trigger once they find the home that meets their pricing and needs. That being said, I have buyers who have a broader search range (various cities/locations) and others that are very specific. I've closed buyers who I've showed 40+ homes to and other buyers who I've showed 2-3 homes. At the end of the day you go with your gutt and as an agent you will never close 100% of the people that you work with. Some you'll lose to new home purchases (i.e. Woodbury 2010 Home Collection), others may have a financial issues (job loss or relocation), have the listing agent represent them, etc. I think I'd know rather quickly if I was being strung along and if that is the case then I will confront my clients about it.

[quote author="test"]As an agent, if you show a client house after house but they never put in any offers, when do you decide to drop them?
[/quote]

If you have to ask this question, the answer is that working full-time in RE sales is probably not the right profession for you.

I don't mean this to sound insulting, but quite the contrary: I think you will find many other opportunities to find more fulfilling work suited to your personality and skill set.

[quote author="IrvineRealtor"]
[/quote]

If you have to ask this question, the answer is that working full-time in RE sales is probably not the right profession for you.

I don't mean this to sound insulting, but quite the contrary: I think you will find many other opportunities to find more fulfilling work suited to your personality and skill set.[/quote]

I agree 100%
This is how i knew that becoming a real estate agent is not the right profession for me, though if i was forced to be a real estate agent I only want to be one in Irvine . <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Back