Hong Kong Billionaire Teaches You How To Buy A House

lnc

Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-Shing shares some of his money wisdom:

Always remember to buy lunch for people who are more knowledgeable than you, richer than you or people who have helped you in your career. Make sure you do that every month. After one year, your circle of friends should have generated tremendous value for you. Your reputation, influence, added value will be clearly recognized. You?ll also enhance your image of being good and generous.
http://therealsingapore.com/content...a-shing-teaches-you-how-buy-car-house-5-years

Now I need to make a list of people I should buy them lunch...  homer, IHO, USCTrojanCPA, Irvinehomeshopper, OpenSky, qwerty......

bones said:
lnc said:

Always remember to buy lunch for people who are more knowledgeable than you, richer than you or people who have helped you in your career. Make sure you do that every month. After one year, your circle of friends should have generated tremendous value for you. Your reputation, influence, added value will be clearly recognized. You?ll also enhance your image of being good and generous.
http://therealsingapore.com/content...a-shing-teaches-you-how-buy-car-house-5-years

Now I need to make a list of people I should buy them lunch...  homer, IHO, USCTrojanCPA, Irvinehomeshopper, OpenSky, qwerty......

WTF?  How come I didn't make that list?  And qwerty did?!?!

hC421F084

bones said:
lnc said:

its all about the 1% bones.  well more like the 2%ers since im on the list. 2% vs housewife? that ivy degree dont mean squat if you dont use it to make some cash money :)

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
lnc said:

its all about the 1% bones.  well more like the 2%ers since im on the list. 2% vs housewife? that ivy degree dont mean squat if you dont use it to make some cash money :)

Oh please.  I think Inc is just trying to be PC and doing a little affirmative action.  Why he decided to make a sexist list is beyond me though :)

for the record, if i was doing a 1% list it would include you, socal and zerolot ;-)

I always thought it was a contradiction that TD liked to say how wealthy he is and talk about his awesome Porsche, but then use Tyler Durden who is against materialism and the pursuit of "more crap"

In TD's defense, his most recent car purchases were from 2005 and 2006.  Though he did purchase a "pricey" car,  he is keeping them for much longer than most.  Also, from what it sounds like, he undersold himself when he bought a Porsche Boxster. 

In another member's defense, a good 10 years of earning as a 1% will be better than 20 years of 5% earning.  :p

Bones, I will "drink tea" with you.

I guess I can pay for QWERTY's lunch because we can go to Jack in the box.
IHO likes Bruxie and that might be over my spending limit if he wants a dessert waffle too.
Homie can hang in the deep parts of North OC and get some sticky-floor authentic food cheap enough that I can still buy him some iced coffee. 
I have a gift card for Souplantation so SoCal and I can go together.
I can't afford to fly to NY to pay for IHS's Joe's Dumpling.
Zerolot will be easy to buy lunch for because you can share a 2 for $20 at Chili's.

During the early 60's Li and my family were super poor. I remembered him going to the factory picking up plastic flowers and gathered all the neighborhood kids to help assemble the parts together. Shortly after that we assembled Barbie dolls. I remembered piercing 2 holes on the face and snapped the blue eyes into the eye sockets. Thank you for posting the wisdom of a great man. I have many more stories of Li and how he dealt with the kidnapper who kidnapped his son.

lnc said:

irvinehomeshopper said:
During the early 60's Li and my family were super poor. I remembered him going to the factory picking up plastic flowers and gathered all the neighborhood kids to help assemble the parts together. Shortly after that we assembled Barbie dolls. I remembered piercing 2 holes on the face and snapped the blue eyes into the eye sockets. Thank you for posting the wisdom of a great man. I have many more stories of Li and how he dealt with the kidnapper who kidnapped his son.

lnc said:

Stories of him would be interesting to hear.  Your family grew up near his?  I didn't know you were Cantonese.  I figured you were Taiwanese.

Back