HOA Harrassment, who holds them accountable?

Mamini

The HOA in the community we lived in illegally harassed my family until we just couldn't take it and we just moved out! The board members are still running around like bullies resorting to illegal ways like harassment, to use their authority to discipline and punish residents that don't agree with their agenda. We called HUD, we wrote to the office of the mayor, we wrote to the management company, we even sit out in Attorney. Unfortunately, Attorney would bankrupt us because it’s so expensive but I don’t understand how an organization can get away with this with no accountability. Even the police department they are just too busy so we basically let these individuals harass us until we had enough money to find a new place. How can we pass laws to regulate individuals like this. If you try to run for board, they harass you. They try to paint a picture of your character to the community making you seem like a villain. I would like to find a way to ensure that this stops happening. Apparently we are not the only neighborhood dealing with this type of behavior.

UnethicalLifeProTips on reddit or LegalAdvice on reddit will probably help you out more

I hate certain HOAs as well, good luck

We also have a totally out of control HOA. Keeping tabs on everyone. Video and audio all over the neighborhood, neighbors turning on each other. It’s become a bad twilight zone episode.

Back