Tennis is a Gentleman's Sport

panda

Tennis is, and always has been, a sport of gentlemen, and is a display of skill and elegance on court as well as physicality.

tennis.jpg

Last edited:
Introduction.

I am an active Tennis Player since 2017 and my favorite tennis racquet is the Babolat Pure Drive and the Pure Aero. I had a tennis partner for 8 years who move for work to Michigan for work so now my boys are now my tennis partners. My boys are currently are competing at USTA tournaments and their UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) is a 6 and I am trying to get my boys up to a UTR 7 or 8 by next year with a goal of them playing Varsity Tennis their freshman year. I can still beat my boys, but their getting very close to beating me now.

I created this thread so that active tennis players can connect with one another who may be looking for a tennis partner in Irvine to hit with.

Just curious.. how strong is the Varsity Tennis Team at Northwood and Uni High? Did either ever win State?

Last edited:
State titles do not exist in CA for tennis, but the boys’ team at Uni has been top notch for over a decade. Gage Brymer might be their top tennis player in terms of historical high school success and they consistently play for CIF championships and Ojai championships.

Gage Brymer seems to have played for UCLA in 2016-17. I first thought he was a current Varsity tennis player at Uni. When he played for UCLA which is D1 tennis, his UTR was a 12.99 which is the same UTR as one of the top players at Georgia Tech, Andres Martin. Georgia Tech is also D1 Tennis.

At the Pro level, Brymer's ATP ranking is 444. Very hard to making a living as a professional tennis player at that ranking level. Probably would have best for Brymer to stop at college tennis and not play Pro.

Last edited:
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2

Did you know that the #1 cause of death in the United States is not Cancer, but Heart Disease?

1. Singles Tennis: 56% lower risk of death from heart disease
2. Swimming: 41% lower risk death from heart disease
3. Step Aerobics: 36% lower risk death from heart disease

7 Step Process in Investing in your Physical Wealth
Step 1 and Step are the most important.

1. Drink lots of Water
2. Sleep and Rest : At least 7 hours a day
3. Eat Healthy and Living Food
4. Exercise Regularly
5. Vitamin and Nutrional Supplements
6. Detoxification
7. Stress Reduction and Eliminate Unnecessary Worry.

Tennis is, and always has been, a sport of gentlemen, and is a display of skill and elegance on court as well as physicality.

Northwood High School Varsity Tennis : Three of the best players on the Varsity Team.

Singles Line 1 : Rohan Yarlagadda 10.XX UTR
Singles Line 2 : Ethan Jacob 9.XX UTR
Singles Line 3: Aashray Atmakur 7.XX UTR

Northview high school have three tennis teams : Frosh/Soph, JV, and Varsity giving many of the students an opportunity to play on the team. What exactly does UTR mean? UTR means Universal Tennis Rating which is like a GPA for competitive tournament players. Think of UTR as a Black Belt degree for Kungfu and Rohan is the Kungfu Master on the Northwood Varisty Tennis team. If Rohan makes grade, he is good enough to play D1 Tennis at UCLA. At a 10 UTR, he can pretty much destroy any Varsity Tennis player he plays against.

panda.jpg

Last edited:
I've never tried pickleball, but i am sure i will enjoy it. Heart ❤️ disease is the #1 cause of death in the U.S. I took playing tennis seriously after I lost my dad from a sudden heart attack at the young age 65. Steve Jobs passed away from Cancer at 55. That is way to early to die.

My boys and I play at the similiar level at UTR 7. Good enough to make Varsity Tennis as a high school freshman but not good enough to play D1 college tennis.

Regular tennis can improve cardiovascular health. According to the USTA, playing tennis can help lower blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol. A 1980 study found that regular tennis can increase HDL-Cholesterol, which protects against arteriosclerosis. Another study found that playing racket sports, like tennis, can reduce the risk of early cardiovascular death by 47%.

Last edited:
I've always loved tennis. Played some JV and Varsity back in the day. But fell off when everyone stopped playing also. Preinternet social media days. Nowadays seems a lot easier to find people to play with. So slowly relearning and getting back into it.

@B2FiNiTY
You should definitely start playing again. There are so many good health benefits to playing. Since you played JV and Varsity i am sure you will pick up how to play very quickly.

Do we have anybody in Irvine looking for a hitting partner with B2FiNiTY?
I've always loved tennis. Played some JV and Varsity back in the day. But fell off when everyone stopped playing also. Preinternet social media days. Nowadays seems a lot easier to find people to play with. So slowly relearning and getting back into it.

Back