Help! Where to live in Irvine?

new2oc_IHB

Hello,

We are relatively new to Irvine and have been renting that past 2 years. We figured we would have bought by now, but since the prices have and are going down, renting seemed to be ok with us. The confusion lies where to live? We have 6 year old boy/girl twins and would like to go to a great Irvine or Tustin school with good teacher and parental support. My son has a harder time adjusting to change, so we would like school/teacher that nurtures this. Also, as important to go to a top school, I would like it to be well rounded. I have heard that Uni and Northwood High are great, but perhaps is that too much competition? I know there are many top students there, and if our kids aren't at the top, will they be able to go to a decent college after? Or perhaps is it a better route to go to a good high school, so maybe they can stand out more. I believe our children are smart, but when you have parents who have their preschoolers tutored I don't know how you compete with that and give them a well-rounded education.

The problem lies in that we are thoroughly confused about where to live. Everyone has an opinion, which we appreciate, but it makes the decision so much harder. So after 2 years we are still not sure where to live. We are currently renting in Westpark and have enrolled them in Westpark Elementary for first grade (They are going to Northwood Montessori for Kinder). We love the centrality of Westpark, but how do the schools compare with the rest? We would like a home that doesn't have to be new (although new is great) larger lot (5000+ sq ft)and sq footage to be 3000ish,

However, we need to either renew our lease for another year, or move out in a month. Need to make a decision quick(within 4 days!!!!) Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

Back