Has anyone bought flooring from Simple Floors?

MrsTaxCPA_IHB

I just purchased bamboo flooring from Simple Floors in Orange. The sample in the store looked great, but it was torture getting the order written up. Did any one have them install the flooring? How did the floor turnout? Were they professional? How was your experience with the sales person? I ordered the flooring, but didn't ask them to install it. I'm having regrets in not asking them to install the floors because the hubster thinks he can do it (which I partly doubt). Any input would be appreciated.

[quote author="MrsTaxCPA" date=1254391863]I just purchased bamboo flooring from Simple Floors in Orange. The sample in the store looked great, but it was torture getting the order written up. Did any one have them install the flooring? How did the floor turnout? Were they professional? How was your experience with the sales person? I ordered the flooring, but didn't ask them to install it. I'm having regrets in not asking them to install the floors because the hubster thinks he can do it (which I partly doubt). Any input would be appreciated.</blockquote>
How funny, my buyers bought their flooring from there too. They have very good prices. Is the flooring "glue-down" or "floating"? Btw, I replied to your PM.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1254398305][quote author="MrsTaxCPA" date=1254391863]I just purchased bamboo flooring from Simple Floors in Orange. The sample in the store looked great, but it was torture getting the order written up. Did any one have them install the flooring? How did the floor turnout? Were they professional? How was your experience with the sales person? I ordered the flooring, but didn't ask them to install it. I'm having regrets in not asking them to install the floors because the hubster thinks he can do it (which I partly doubt). Any input would be appreciated.</blockquote>
How funny, my buyers bought their flooring from there too. They have very good prices. Is the flooring "glue-down" or "floating"? Btw, I replied to your PM.</blockquote>

let me know how the install goes. I may be in the market for floors soon. The last time I bought I used Tompkins flooring (Irvine) and the install was great but a bit expensive.

[quote author="davenlei" date=1254594980]let me know how the install goes. I may be in the market for floors soon. The last time I bought I used Tompkins flooring (Irvine) and the install was great but a bit expensive.</blockquote>

Hilarious. We were supposed to go to Thompkins but parking in that center was a nightmare and we didn't know where in the center it was. We ended up at another flooring place in the same shopping center (can't recall the name), but were very happy with them. The cost of the flooring itself was less expensive than Thompkins, but I never did a full side-by-side comparison to see which was less expensive after install. We have been pretty happy with the floors.

While we're on the subject of flooring... I have a kitchen flooring question. I don't like the look of vinyl (what I've got now), but I appreciate that it is easier on one's feet than tile, although tile looks better. Any thoughts as to a material that would be softer on the feet than tile but look better than vinyl? Wood is out due to the water factor in the kitchen. TIA.

I hear cork is soft yet good for kitchen areas as long as it's sealed correctly. However, it is soft like wood so that may not be a good solution for you.

I've seen vinyl that looks like stone or wood but I think on the floor, you can still tell.

There are some applications of engineered wood that is supposed to work in the kitchen... but it's still wood.

Interestingly enough... I think tile is actually "softer" than laminates and stone... but that's my own opinion... no bk-science to back it up.

Every time we have friends or family over and I spend 4-8 hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking, serving and cleaning, I think about purchasing one of <a href="http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=113937&RN=2119&">these mats</a>. Does anybody have one and does it relieve foot and back pain? The other option is to tear out my counters and raise them up 6 inches which of course is not cost effective.

I went to Simple Floors and pricing seemed a bit steep. Take a trip to State College in Anaheim, there are a bunch of flooring places there with great products and great prices.

Back