Great Park vs Turtle Rock

K15nguye

We are house hunting and there is just not much inventory in Turtle Rock (which is our target community). There seems to be a lot of more inventory in Great Park and I wanted to find out if folks had thoughts on Great Park vs Turtle Rock. We are looking for a 3-car garage with a larger lot (at least 6,000 sq ft) and at least 2,500 sq ft with 4 bedrooms. What are the thoughts on Great Park being a former superfund site?

I like Westpark and Oak Creek too but we can't find much that has a 3 car garage and large lot of 6,000 sq ft or more.

Budget is $3MM.

K15nguye said:
We are house hunting and there is just not much inventory in Turtle Rock (which is our target community). There seems to be a lot of more inventory in Great Park and I wanted to find out if folks had thoughts on Great Park vs Turtle Rock. We are looking for a 3-car garage with a larger lot (at least 6,000 sq ft) and at least 2,500 sq ft with 4 bedrooms. What are the thoughts on Great Park being a former superfund site?

I like Westpark and Oak Creek too but we can't find much that has a 3 car garage and large lot of 6,000 sq ft or more.

Budget is $3MM.

I don?t think you will find a 3CWG on a 6k sq ft lot for $3M anywhere in Irvine.

WTTCHMN said:
K15nguye said:

Budget is $3MM.

I don?t think you will find a 3CWG on a 6k sq ft lot for $3M anywhere in Irvine.

Nothing newer for sure but Westpark has them, there just aren't any listings that have the 3-car garage and a larger 6,000sf+ lot. right now. 

K15nguye said:

Budget is $3MM.

Personally...I would look at Oak Creek, Westpark, and the Turtles for homes that match that criteria. There isn't anything now, but there might be at some point. I would skip the GP neighborhoods with your criteria.

So where we targeted when looking for 3CWG (not just 3CG):

Northwood (and surrounding areas)
Westpark II (although Westpark I has some older Standard Pacific floorplans)
Woodbridge
University Park
Turtle Rock
Quail Hill (had some 3CWG alley homes)

Anything newer is just 3CG (tandem or L)

Are 3CG that aren't 3CWG really that common? I can't think of any I have seen lately.

edit: I am excluding anything in Great Park or north of Portola

Virtually all new builds in high demand areas in the last 20 years at best will have 3CG -> the 3rd being a tandem or flipped 90 degrees and by itself. 3CWG + curb appeal means wider and shallow lot, which is less efficient than narrow and long lot; not as many houses can be built for the same plot of land.

Our current neighborhood, like where USC?s new home is going to be, has 3CWG floor plans and on a hill?so cul-de-sacs, single loaded streets and view lots are quite common.

HMart said:
Are 3CG that aren't 3CWG really that common? I can't think of any I have seen lately.

The California Court Company said:
Virtually all new builds in high demand areas in the last 20 years at best will have 3CG -> the 3rd being a tandem or flipped 90 degrees and by itself. 3CWG + curb appeal means wider and shallow lot, which is less efficient than narrow and long lot; not as many houses can be built for the same plot of land.

Our current neighborhood, like where USC?s new home is going to be, has 3CWG floor plans and on a hill?so cul-de-sacs, single loaded streets and view lots are quite common.

HMart said:

Is the neighborhood you?re talking about Turtle Rock Presidential Terraces?

The California Court Company said:
USC got a better deal, don?t forget single story.
irvinehomeowner said:
CCC just rubbing it in now... 3CWG, single loaded, view lot is unicorny.

I found the hard to find "must have" requirements on my home (more to come on that in a thread of my journey), guess that's why I only made offers on 3 homes in 2 years.

Back