Governor Schwarzenegger tells backers of gay marriage, "Don't Give Up"

Trooper_IHB

I am speechless....and grateful.

<a href="http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-protest10-2008nov10,0,4939340.story">Thank you Gov Schwarzenegger</a>

<em>Today, Schwarzenegger urged backers of gay marriage to follow the lesson he learned as a bodybuilder trying to lift weights that were too heavy for him at first. "I learned that you should never ever give up. . . . They should never give up. They should be on it and on it until they get it done."</em>

Wow. And here I was really pissed at him the past few days because of his new budget ideas.

There's hope yet.

I'm a fan of the new budget proposal.

1.5% addditional sales tax and other taxes.

It'll help get California to the financial armageddon that it will take to finally break the electorate's insatiable appetite for spending.

Just put two and two together, Arnold! Just auction Prop 8! Both sides spent $70mil campaigning.. Instead the state needs to make a blind auction, where neither side knows what the tally is until the cut off, the loosing side does not get the money back. There is probably $0.5bn in it for the state, should pay for a few more teachers!

LOL earth ! I like it. An absolute auction on my rights. :-/

Arnie also has to consider that police agencies around the state are incurring massive overtime due to these protests.....they are breaking the bank.

Yesterday at the Catholic Cathedral protest, one of my Command Staff said to me, "When do you think they'll stop...we can't keep paying this overtime". I told him if that question was posed to members of my community, they would respond, "Bill the Mormon Church."

Hell, I'd auction off my marriage too (not the relationship or family, mind).

As someone married to a catholic, I would advise that you guys don't hold your hopes up, not yet anyway. It is as if a chip is implanted in the brain. It still scares me sometimes. I've been noticing similar blank stares from my older son recently, but I haven't given up on him yet.

The only thing that bugs me about Arnie, is that (if I recall correctly) he vetoed a gay marriage bill twice when it was put on his desk..... so he's either had an epiphany, has gotten educated, or his wife is withholding sex. ;)

[quote author="Trooper" date=1226389087]...or his wife is withholding sex. ;)</blockquote>

<a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/09/schwarzenegger-since-gop-_n_142501.html">Not anymore she isn't!</a>

I think of Trooper often, but particularly today with Maine going to the polls on gay marriage.

This one is for you, Troop, where ever you are.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1257335526]I think of Trooper often, but particularly today with Maine going to the polls on gay marriage.

This one is for you, Troop, where ever you are.</blockquote>

I miss her too. I did ping her for you.

Back