Fit Day website = awesome!

SoCal78_IHB

I found a website I absolutely love and wanted to share with anyone who would like it.

In September, I was looking for a site that would help me in analyzing nutrition / BMI, etc. I found this site: <a href="http://www.fitday.com/">fitday.com</a>

It is free to create an account. The portal has many diffferent tabs taking you to various pages. Here is what it offers:

- A daily food log so you can take inventory of everything that goes in your mouth. It comes pre-programmed with many different foods and their calories & nutrtional values. There are even many brand-name prepackaged foods already in the system. If you don't find something that matches what you are eating, you can customize a food label. I eat a lot of the same things so I do that and then it remembers what you put in so it's easy to select it again from a drop-down list of recent things you ate. I think it is fun to see your caloric intake add up. I start seeing it as a "numbers game" and it makes me feel competitive, trying to beat the bar chart that it gives you to come in at or under your goal.

- Activities log so you put in what your activities for the day were and it shows how many calories you have burned. It works similarly to the food log.

- Weight & Weight Goal tabs. Charts, graphs, calorie balance reports, it's got them all. If you have a specific weight goal in mind, it does all the math for you, showing you what your caloric restriction must be each day to reach your goal. (This is based on your weight, height, gender, age, and activity level that you would have entered in your profile when you registered and you can change that at any time.) This makes it very easy to stay on track.

- A calendar, stats, and a reports tab. For people who like seeing information set up in report format (and I think we all do here), this is really cool. There is a chart showing how much of the recommended daily allowance of each vitamin you get on average so if you have any deficiencies, it is very easy to find out.

- An overview. This is the main page. It grabs info from the other tabs and displays it at a glance. It is easy to keep track of how you are doing.

- You can even chart your mood and it has a diary feature. I don't really use those. I know it sounds like a lot to keep track of but it really isn't. You can make it as simple or as complicated as you want.

Anyway, I wanted to post about it when I found it, but I don't like to recommend something until I have investigated it well. I credit this site for a 15 pound loss since I started using it, so I can absolutely say I think it's worth a try. Like I said, it's free to use the site. They do offer a PC version for a fee, but I think I prefer the site version because then you can use it no matter where you are - work, home, etc. and not wait until you get home to enter your info for that day. If any of you try it or have a question, let me know!

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1258088988]Restaurant food is always a huge mystery.</blockquote>

Buca has a mandatory calorie information on the table these days. First of all the font is so small that you can hardly read it. And the numbers are ultraconservative going by the ingredients.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1258088988]I enjoy these programs. There is a similar program called "calorie counter" for android phones. Its great because you can use the phone's camera to scan the barcode of the candybar (or any other container - soup, frozen pizza, etc) and it instantly shows the nutritional information and lets you log it into your daily tally. </blockquote>

Woah! That sounds very cool.

Back