Ever been to Rosarito Beach in Mexico?

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1258704728]G-ma, Have you ever been to Coronado island in San Diego? I think it would be a great alternative to Rosarito. It's a beautiful place especially during the holidays. The Hotel Del Coronado constructs a big ocean front outdoor ice skating rink and they have a host of activities for kids including sleigh rides around the island. The Del is pricey but it worth the splurg to stay in this hotel at least once in your lifetime. I could go on and on about things to do in San Diego. If your interested, I'll elaborate.

I check the Del's <a href="http://www.hoteldel.com/holidays.aspx">website</a> . Best part is the have seperate News Years Eve parties for kids and teens.</blockquote>

I have been to that hotel actually, for a weekend. I had booked in Rosarito at our timeshare, so there would not have been any costs for lodging, and it was a 2 bedroom with an ocean view. We belong to Worldmark by Wyndham timeshare, so we have about 90 locations to choose from all over the country. Most everything is booked for the holidays though, except that place, which now I can see why. We are all a bunch of scaredy cats. LOL

[quote author="gypsyuma" date=1258706312]We are all a bunch of scaredy cats. LOL</blockquote>

Better to be a live cat than a dead or injured guinea pig. :coolsmile:

I know someone who lives in Mexicali and has family in Tijuana. When she wants to get to Tijuana, she crosses the border and drives the US side because the Mexican side is dangerous.

Back