Emergency - roof leak

We do have an HOA however ours is not a condo, would they still help?

If your property is single story, I'd get a ladder and throw a tarp over the roof area and some bricks to hold it down this weekend. It's going to rain early next week.

Do you have insurance? I'd call the insurance company and see if the roof is covered. They'd need to send someone to inspect.

I had a roof leak last year. It was covered by the builder. The builder sent out these guys.

World Restoration

They were very good. They are more more of a restoration company but they work with roof repair companies. If water got into your house, which it sounds like it did, these guys can help with the repair etc and figure out the extent of the damage, etc.

Good luck. It’s always a good idea when these heavy rains occur to go into every room of your house and look at the ceilings for any water stains.

Just curious, is it due to solar panel install? We got ours in the summer and I’ve been crossing my fingers the last few weeks with all the rain.

A fair question for everyone who owns a Condo (Detached AND Attached) to ask their HOA Manager - "The HOA has a Master Insurance Policy that covers damage"from the street to the stucco" so with water coming in through an exterior leak, will the Master Policy repair the exterior roof to stop the leak?"

Most Condos with mortgages are required by the lender to have the owner carry "Interior Fixture / H-06" coverage which would repair damage or cover the cost of drywall and water intrusion. Has anyone yet had a covered repair of a roof leak that was HOA paid?

Standard SFR in an HOA? The HOA's insurance won't cover a repair unless an HOA tree fell on your house (for example). This is a Condo question only at this moment.

Back