Come back tmare, steppingup, and Trooper

Not sure how to link, but it's in steppingup's Ciao thread below.

This seems like as good of thread as any to post this.

During the recent flare-up over a fantasy TOS warning I received from an inept moderator, it came out that the TOS really wasn't for anything I did here, but rather for what the moderator thought I was thinking based on history at IHB.

That brought back fond memories.

For those who weren't close to the situation, here is a thread that perfectly illustrates the truth from the old forum. For your reading pleasure at http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/3489/P0/

Trooper Posted: 29 October 2008 06:20 PM WINEX, I just have to say I've read your posts over the past few months?.and I've decided that you are one scary motherf*cker. Palin X 10 in my eyes. You are the type of individual that I envision secretly cheering on the Nazi regime and the Third Reich in the 30's. Upset at Brown v. Board of Education and simply appalled at Lawrence v. Texas.

In short, I think you are a sorry POS. Aren't there some other blogs you could post on and gain the acceptance you seek ?

And before you spew?in your response, I would like to know your opinion on homosexuals.

Later in the same thread:

Trooper Posted: 30 October 2008 05:15 AM
Skek, I am indeed, entitled to my opinion?.and my comments stem from what I feel when I read WINEX's posts. Many of them just make my skin crawl, what can I say? I am also not so naive to recognize that some of MY posts might make other people's skin crawl as well.

I am simply trying to drive home a point but perhaps I have gone about it in a poor manner, so I will apologize if seemed too offensive. I didn't call him a Nazi, I called him a secret supporter?.it was all I could think of to draw a parallel of how extreme I think he is. Because to me he does sound like the type to be an anti-semite, a racist and a homophobe all wrapped into one angry ball of a human being. He doesn't have to actually say anything?.I guess you can just call it intuition on my part and I draw this conclusion by reading his words. To me, this is what he portrays but of course, I could be wrong.

Whereas voting Obama into office will result in judicial appointments that increase the incidence of legislation at the bench. (Amending the Constitution is passe when you can stack the government with those who will ignore everything it says)

And it's his statements like this ^^^ that bug me?.of course, he is making reference to so called "activist judges". Like the ones on the California Supreme Court that just properly ruled that denying gays marriage was unconstitutional. And I'll just take a wild guess that you disagree with the judges as well?. fair enough. But don't expect me to roll over and play dead when I am confronted with an individual that might try and take those hard earned rights away again or get in the way of more progress.

Now, if the Republican party would stop getting in the way of gay equality, and stop aligning themselves with the Christian Right, I just might respect them a little more. And contrary to what you think, I'm not a "Liberal Democrat", far from it. I'm right in the middle of both parties and will vote accordingly. You may be surprised to learn that I was a registered Republican up until age 22 when I finally realized that, as a gay woman, I was in the wrong party. I too, wish there was a 3rd party that was more Centrist (as I think Stepping_Up spoke of somewhere)

Some things never change.

Then, like now, I'm not being attacked for anything I actually say. But rather I am being attacked for what people think I am thinking. Even though Trooper mentioned that she voted for me to leave, had the position been reversed, I would not have done the same.

While I do hope that the people who left based on struggles with internal demons eventually find their way back to this forum, I think it is far more important that they manage to slay those demons.

winex.. you're smart enough to know that with heated topics such as this, what is not said is as important as what is being said... what is implied is as strong as what is not mentioned; I too have a strong world-view, but I am always respectful, loving and careful not to offend and alienate anybody, I value meaningful discussion, opposing and different points of views... people are certainly the way the are by their background, genes, nurture, situations and experiences... and I find all the humanity fascinating, interesting and valuable...

I value the opinions of Step & Troop even though they, like us all have our brokenness and junk that we are all dealing with... it is in a community like these that we find healing of sorts when we listen, learn and grow.

speaking truth without love will NEVER get you anywhere... let this thread and subject die...

[quote author="roundcorners"]speaking truth without love will NEVER get you anywhere... let this thread and subject die...[/quote]

Assuming there was much "truth" in his statement above. You can see for yourself whether his characterization is accurate.

[quote author="roundcorners"]winex.. you're smart enough to know that with heated topics such as this, what is not said is as important as what is being said... what is implied is as strong as what is not mentioned; I too have a strong world-view, but I am always respectful, loving and careful not to offend and alienate anybody, I value meaningful discussion, opposing and different points of views... people are certainly the way the are by their background, genes, nurture, situations and experiences... and I find all the humanity fascinating, interesting and valuable...

I value the opinions of Step & Troop even though they, like us all have our brokenness and junk that we are all dealing with... it is in a community like these that we find healing of sorts when we listen, learn and grow.

speaking truth without love will NEVER get you anywhere... let this thread and subject die...[/quote]

Roundcorners, thank you for a considered, and a considerate response.

Being human, my background and experiences impact my perception and reaction to current events. I couldn't have survived the life I have lived if I were afraid to fight. Personally, when given a choice between fighting and existing peacefully, I'll always choose peace. But I am never afraid to fight, nor will I back down when the situation calls for it. (again, my perspective, not anyone elses)

In the case of Trooper, the attack I posted wasn't the only event where she has blown up on me (or others) with irrational rants. (If you look through the history of the thread I posted, the outburst I brought here was triggered by me stating that one of the reason I didn't want Obama elected was a fear of appointment of activist judges. (I think appointment of Sotomayor to the Supreme Court illustrates my fears well) Somehow Trooper equated that simple statement as an attack on gay marriage.

If you want to know the truth, when I think of the horrors brought about by judicial activism, the case I always think about is Roe vs. Wade leading to a slaughter of innocent babies that has exceeded the horrors experienced during World War II with the attempted exterminations of Jewish people. Of course as someone who believes in the vision our founding forefathers created with the founding of this country, separation of powers is essential to preservation of freedom. And only bad things can happen with the Judicial branch of the government is also creating laws.

From my perspective and in my opinion, I hardly think that attitude makes me a "scary motherf*cker" or a Nazi.

But back to the more immediate topic.

We all are unique individuals. And this post from you is intended to help bring peace and harmony in the forum. Well, I'm about to give everyone a magic decoder ring on how to get along well with me.

If you want to have rational conversations with me, simply treat me with respect and I will do the same to you.

If you want to fight, well I'm always game for that too. Simply insult me and we can go rounds.

If you thought you wanted to fight me but decided it wasn't such a good idea after all, simply approach me rationally and we can work things out. (That approach doesn't have to be in public)

Pretty simple, huh?

[quote author="evalseraphim"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]speaking truth without love will NEVER get you anywhere... let this thread and subject die...[/quote]

Assuming there was much "truth" in his statement above. You can see for yourself whether his characterization is accurate.[/quote]

I guess the thought of clicking on the link provided never occurred to you, has it?

Well moderator, lets see if you can do your job here. You've just been provided with real hate speech. You don't even have to imagine the example in your mind as you did previously. Where is Trooper's TOS warning? (We all know that a competent moderator always handles stuff like this in public, not private. So you COULDN'T have talked to her through a non-public method)

[quote author="winex"]I guess the thought of clicking on the link provided never occurred to you, has it?

Well moderator, lets see if you can do your job here. You've just been provided with real hate speech. You don't even have to imagine the example in your mind as you did previously. Where is Trooper's TOS warning? (We all know that a competent moderator always handles stuff like this in public, not private. So you COULDN'T have talked to her through a non-public method)[/quote]

Apparently quite a bit of time has passed. You may not remember, but I was not a moderator on that board.

[quote author="evalseraphim"]
[quote author="winex"]I guess the thought of clicking on the link provided never occurred to you, has it?

Well moderator, lets see if you can do your job here. You've just been provided with real hate speech. You don't even have to imagine the example in your mind as you did previously. Where is Trooper's TOS warning? (We all know that a competent moderator always handles stuff like this in public, not private. So you COULDN'T have talked to her through a non-public method)[/quote]

Apparently quite a bit of time has passed. You may not remember, but I was not a moderator on that board.[/quote]

No, I know that yoiu weren't a moderator at IHB forums. After all, I talked about things like low taxes, limited federal government, separation of powers and other topics enough that I am quite sure that if you did have any authority I would have been slapped with fantasy TOS violations a long time ago.

My point in bringing Trooper's hate speech to this forum is that you cited your thoughts about my posts at another forum as justification for the TOS you slapped me with here. Trooper's statements don't require you to use your imagination at all. But somehow I can't find the TOS that you slapped her with here....

Back