Combination Class - Help

Researcher24

Hello -

I recently completed my doctoral studies on teacher's perspectives of combination classes.

I am now working on a research study about parents' and students' perspectives of combination classes.

Are there any parents who would be willing to talk to me about their experiences with having a student in a combination class?

The research I am completing is just to describe parent's and student's thoughts about combination classes? What you liked or did not like about the combination class and your recommendation on if you would like to have your student in a combination class again.

Please let me know if you would be interested in participating in my study. It would take about 15-20 minutes of your time and I would ask you and your student questions about the combination class experience. Interviews would be conducted via a phone call.

Thank you in advance,
Debbie Azevedo, Ed.D.

I have a 2nd grader in a combo class, and it may be counterintuitive, but I like it. They tend to put the strongest students from both grades in a combo class, so you don't get any troublemakers causing distractions. They also tend to assign a strong teacher to a combo class, somebody well established that the principal trusts to handle the challenge of teaching two grades.

Back