Change or more of the same?

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1221443387]Rachel Maddow debut & on the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioi1ZUSiMVw&feature=related</blockquote>

To embed a youtube clip just use the <youtube> markup you find at the top of the editor and enter the clip ID (Ioi1ZUSiMVw in your case - the code after v= and ending right before &)

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/palin.earmarks/

McCain criticized Wasilla earmarks in 2001

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican presidential candidate John McCain criticized two of his future running mate's hometown projects in broadsides in 2001 against congressional "pork-barrel" spending, records from the Arizona senator's office show.

McCain and running mate Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin have criticized such spending as a central part of their campaign for the White House. McCain has made pork-busting a centerpiece of his maverick pitch for years.

But when Palin served as mayor of her hometown of Wasilla, outside Anchorage, she obtained about $27 million in federal "earmarks" during her last four years in office, according to the watchdog group Taxpayers for Common Sense.

In a 2001 statement opposing a transportation spending bill McCain singled out for criticism about $3 million worth of those projects. McCain's list of "objectionable" spending included a $2.5 million road project for the town that then had a population of 5,500, as well as a $450,000 appropriation for an agricultural processing plant

</snip>

Sounds like there's a general lack of honesty and integrity in the McCain campaign. Why would he choose Sarah Porkasaurus as his running mate? What makes people think that this general lack of integrity wouldn't carry over to a McCain Administration?

John McCain -- Unfit for Command.

<em>"Why would he choose Sarah Porkasaurus as his running mate ?"</em>

DUH ! All us smart people know.

Pssssst. It's because she's a pro-choice WOMAN. He could give a rats as* about her qualifications.

Lemmings....disregard my last statement.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1221483017]<em>"Why would he choose Sarah Porkasaurus as his running mate ?"</em>

DUH ! All us smart people know.

Pssssst. It's because she's a pro-choice WOMAN. He could give a rats as* about her qualifications.

Lemmings....disregard my last statement.</blockquote>
Wait... you are supporting possibly the least qualified candidate for President, yet you are calling Republicans "lemmings"?

Pot meet kettle.

Nude, I don't want to speak for Trooper, but I think the issue is that McCain picked her for suspect reasons. Before McCain picked her, he said that Obama wasn't experienced enough. He even said that being a <a href="http://www.pissedonpolitics.com/2008/09/mccain_governors_and_mayors_no.htm">mayor and a governor isn't good enough to be President</a>. So, it seems hypocritical to then pick her to be his running mate.

[quote author="T!m" date=1221536755]Nude, I don't want to speak for Trooper, but I think the issue is that McCain picked her for suspect reasons. Before McCain picked her, he said that Obama wasn't experienced enough. He even said that being a <a href="http://www.pissedonpolitics.com/2008/09/mccain_governors_and_mayors_no.htm">mayor and a governor isn't good enough to be President</a>. So, it seems hypocritical to then pick her to be his running mate.</blockquote>
President, not vice-president. While the left is busy trying to equate the two, they ignore the hypocrisy in supporting a person for one while denegrating a candidate for the other.

Screw it, at this point no one is convincing anyone else to switch sides. The screeds being written by both sides (yes, both) of the election in this section of the forums has eliminated any possible discussion of the issues and descended into rabid distortions, lies, and hateful invective.

Good luck to your candidate, whomever that may be. I'm out.

Please note that <strong>I</strong> am not talking about whether a candidate has the experience or not. I am talking about the fact that <strong>McCain</strong> said such a candidate is not qualified, then picked such a person. If he doesn't think such a person is qualified to be President, he shouldn't pick her to be the person who would become President should anything happen to him. If <strong>McCain</strong> had never brought the issue up to begin with, I would not have a problem.

See, McCain is basing his campaign on the whole Straight Talk Express. So, that means when he goes back on what he said, his main selling point is now false. It is no different than many politicians before him, from both parties. But, if he is going to run as the truth teller, as the maverick, as the honest guy you can trust, then he should act accordingly. He does not.

His pick of someone to be his running mate that he described as unqualified and then saying she is qualified is not Straight Talk. His saying that he will expose those who use earmarks and make those people famous, oh, well, I guess that is straight talk - he has indeed made Palin famous.

I've never said that Palin or Obama are unqualifed. McCain did.

<em>Nude, I don?t want to speak for Trooper, but I think the issue is that McCain picked her for suspect reasons</em>

T!m, that's exactly what I meant.

Nudie, I was for Hillary.....not Obama. I now choose him by default.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1221458036]I heart Rachel Maddow.</blockquote>
Ditto.

I wonder if she'd dig the fact that I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body?

Back