Caterers or Restaurants with Catering Menus

punchenpie_IHB

My buddy's girlfriend is about to pop and he wants to hold a surprise baby shower for her. I've been given the lovely task of finding viable food options, and was also given free rein as far as cuisine is concerned.

The guests will be predominantly asian, with a few whiteys/non-asians sprinkled in between. I know that the guest of honor isn't a big fan of curries so I'm slashing that off the list. Current guest count is at 50, including the mom- and dad-to-be.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good caterer, or a good restaurant with nice catering menu options? I may be overlooking some other details so feel free to ask.

I think as long as I don't go past $25 a person, I won't be pummeled to death by the primary financier.

Thanks!

<a href="http://www.tulsarib.com/cater.html">http://www.tulsarib.com/cater.html</a>

I think you'd find the prices very reasonable.

You are such men. No ribs at a baby shower! I am sure they are tasty, but they are way too messy and not elegant. First you will take into consideration the time of day. If the shower is at meal time, your guests will be expecting a meal. If it's in between meal times you can do finger foods or something light. If it's a meal you will need to plan according to which meal / time of day it is. Your guest of honor may have an aversion to some types of food during pregnancy so you probably will want to know that beforehand. Many golf courses offer wonderful catering options both in-house and delivery. You can call one up near you and get them to send you a menu with options. They usually have several different tiers available. Also it might be a nice place to hold a shower. If you are looking to hold it at a venue, they can assist in decorating. The men can even hit the range while the women gab. Good luck!

My buddy's already secured one of the Woodbury apt clubhouses for the event, so the next big ticket item is the food.

The event starts at 5 PM, so I guess you could call it an early dinner? The mom-to-be used to hate chinese food in her first trimester but we already went to SamWoo's the other day so I guess she is over it.

Momopi, that is hilarious. Tulsa Rib is so far my only option; I didn't write it in the OP but I cracked up when you made the same suggestion.

AO, much as I'd like to agree with you, I may receive some form of beating if I were to suggest that ;-P

Thought about Chinese, though, and am considering the Jade Palace off Irvine Blvd and Culver. Aside from that, the only other place in the running is Tulsa BBQ.

So I'm still pretty open to more suggestions :)

How about Italian ?

Peppinos is in Woodbury.

Food is good. Price is right. Local.

<a href="http://www.peppinosonline.com/catering.html">http://www.peppinosonline.com/catering.html</a>

I would suggest a restraunt. Catering can get expensive ... QUICK. Everything I've ever catered has cost between X,XXX to XX,XXX. Just go to a restraunt and order, its so much easier, expecially if they have the ability to do catered type stuff.

-bix

This may be another suggestion that is not female approved, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Get a taco guy to come out and make carne asada and pollo. It may not be classic baby shower cuisine, but it will be mighty tasty (not to mention economical!).

Thanks, guys! I think I will go down the restaurant-that-caters routes. Aside from priciness, the actual caterers just seem to have uninspired menus.

[quote author="punchenpie" date=1226706202]Thanks, guys! I think I will go down the restaurant-that-caters routes. Aside from priciness, the actual caterers just seem to have uninspired menus.</blockquote>

So, did you have your party yet? Just wondering what place you decided on...If you are still looking here are a few other suggestions....

Some American food:

Honey Baked Ham company , in Tustin and Lake Forest

Boston Market , all over

Pat and Oscar's , In Santa Ana near Tustin I think on Main street near the 5

rotr.com Restaurants on the Run, they have a catering webpage engine.

Nope, not yet. Right now the dad-to-be is thinking he'd like to do either good Chinese, or BBQs from Tulsa Rib since they have boneless ribs anyway. The guest count upped by 40% though, so I'm sure the food will depend heavily on how much we could stretch their budget.

Thanks for the ROTR suggestion, I will try that!

Back