Cash in Pocket

We find that if we give clients debit cards for their retirement accounts they way over spend . We now only give them a debit card if they ask. Otherwise we just issue them checks. Checks may be old school, but keeping a record of what your spending and seeing that purchase subtracted from your money pot really helps in budgeting and managing your money wisely.

I subscribe to the Bltsrv School of Cash.

I don't like to be caught with less than $100 either on me or in my car.

(I think roundcorners is just doing a "Who Should I Mug?" poll)

now I know who to hit up for legal tender at the next get together ^_^ I do tend to notice that older Boomers carry more cash... the Gen X & Y grew up carrying credit cards out of high school... when I carry a lot of cash, the first thought is that I'll spend more money; but the opposite is true... I'll tend to stick to my budget with cash... somehow thought, I still can't bring myself to pull out a huge wade when at the bank... BTW those $1 coins are great for the car wash, toll road & parking garage so try to keep a roll in the car...

I believe I'm GenX and credit cards didn't come until college (when they had tons of recruiters on campus with free stuff for filling out an app).

But even then... cash was king.

<blockquote>I do tend to notice that older Boomers carry more cash</blockquote>

Good Description. That would be me. "Older Boomer".

I was behind an older lady at the Pharmacy the other day. In Laguna Woods.

She gave the girl 6 cards before one of them worked for her $ 20.00 Prescription Co-Pay.

Banks must love all that overdraft fee action.

Bitserv,

Can I meet you at the 5th level of the parking structure at the Spectrum? I have something important to show you.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1258685770]Bitserv,

Can I meet you at the 5th level of the parking structure at the Spectrum? I have something important to show you.</blockquote>

I will bring my Sig Sauer P220 with me. Tell me when you want to hook up. LOL.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1258686255][quote author="bkshopr" date=1258685770]Bitserv,

Can I meet you at the 5th level of the parking structure at the Spectrum? I have something important to show you.</blockquote>

I will bring my Sig Sauer P220 with me. Tell me when you want to hook up. LOL.</blockquote>

Dear John Hare of IPD,

I hope this thread will find you well.

As you find my liveless body laying on the floor of stall 544 at the Spectrum 5th level parking structure the bullet through my temple was not self inflicted just to set the record straight.

All my previous conrad victims before me were denied their admission to heaven because their death certificate indicated the cause of death "suicide".

I carry between $100-200. I am a well trained Ranch 99 customer--I don't feel comfortable making CC purchases less than $10. Seems like such a hassle for a low dollar amount. Plus you never know when you need some hard currency.

Back