Beware Irvine Drivers

socal78

Time: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 2:20 p.m.

No note left on window.

IMG_9723.jpg

Ya know.... since living here the last year and a half, I've seen a lot of crazy things happen on the roads here. I'm actually surprised this isn't a more common occurrence.

My earliest IHB posts was about the deadly chi on Portola Pkwy. The Chi is rushing too fast. The velocity of the Santa Ana wind and traffic are bad for the communities on both sides of Portola and especially for the ones depressed into a hole.

The Chi there is violent and not calming. Drivers are more aggressive there than the flat land. It is just a matter of time some crosses, candles, flowers or shrines will be left along the side of the road.

[quote author="SoCal78"]Location: Portola Springs, curb-side Bougainvillea
Time: Feb. 2, 2010 @ 2:20 p.m.

No note left on window.

IMG_9723.jpg
[/quote]

Might have been one of the contractors with their big pickup trucks? There is still construction activity in the area. Of course it easily could have been a careless Irvine driver as well.

Is that your car SoCal?

wow, that is clearly a hit & run... how can a spin out create that kind of damage... prepare for more of these, as more Chinese drivers invade our city...

Chinese drivers should stick to Woodbury where streets are straight. PS has curvilliner streets and this is the result.

Unfortunately, that is a straight street. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> It's on Cienega. Oddly, the car is still sitting there in the same place now.

No, it's not my car (nor am I the car that caused the damage.)

[quote author="SoCal78"]Unfortunately, that is a straight street. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> It's on Cienega. Oddly, the car is still sitting there in the same place now.

No, it's not my car (nor am I the car that caused the damage.) [/quote]

Somebody better call IPD quick! They will get rid of all the evidence and tow car to Santa Ana, where all things bad happen. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[quote author="IACRenter"]
[quote author="SoCal78"]Unfortunately, that is a straight street. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> It's on Cienega. Oddly, the car is still sitting there in the same place now.

No, it's not my car (nor am I the car that caused the damage.) [/quote]

Somebody better call IPD quick! They will get rid of all the evidence and tow car to Santa Ana, where all things bad happen. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->[/quote]
Too much effort, they might as well just tow it to Foothill Ranch/Lake Forest.

I think, since the car is "parked" with a rear wheel up on the curb, and a flat back tire... that the car was stolen, involved in a crash, and simply abandoned where it landed. Or.... as frequently happens in Santa Maria, the driver of the car was undocumented, with no driver's license, and simply abandoned the car rather than face the police. (A recent article in the local paper said 30% of the traffic accidents responded to by the Santa Maria police have no drivers left at the scene when the cops arrive....)

Beware Irvine Drivers: Speed Trap

For those of you who will be traveling on Yale, keep your eyes open. Trap is at:

Yale & Winvale Ave. (just south of Walnut). Cop parked hidden at the 4-way stop as of 3:00 p.m.. Come to a complete stop.

[quote author="SoCal78"]Beware Irvine Drivers: Speed Trap

[/quote]

Good luck the cop is not going to meet his quota for sure.

Beware Irvine Drivers: Cirque Traffic

Everybody else probably already knows this, but I only realized last night -- Allow extra time if you will be traveling before and after the Cirque du Soleil performance at the Great Park. I came home on the 5 south last night and realized an off-ramp was closed at Jeffrey Rd. There was a police presence in the area, with a detour for Kooza traffic, and of course, lots of cars, longer lights, etc.

There was a crash on Alton and East Yale Loop at 1:30 am today, a stolen Nissan went out of control at 80 mph and hit a Tree, He was being chased by Irvine Police. Part of Alton was still closed this afternoon when I went to the Carwash there...

The Dead Driver was from Garden Grove.

[quote author="SoCal78"]Beware Irvine Drivers: Cirque Traffic

Everybody else probably already knows this, but I only realized last night -- Allow extra time if you will be traveling before and after the Cirque du Soleil performance at the Great Park. I came home on the 5 south last night and realized an off-ramp was closed at Jeffrey Rd. There was a police presence in the area, with a detour for Kooza traffic, and of course, lots of cars, longer lights, etc.[/quote]

If its any consolation that you were late for where you were going - its a good show

Back