cantaloop

Wow - I just came back from the Spectrum. Avatar 3-D is amazing. I think this movie ranks as one of the best movies I've seen. Aside from the awesome special effects, it had a strong story line and moral.
(Although one of my friends made a comment about it being another movie in which a white man saves the Aborigine tribes.) Nevertheless, I liked it.

I'm thinking about seeing it again, which I rarely see a movie twice in the theater. Anyone else see it?

I saw Avatar and I loved it. Unfortunately, I only got to watch it in 2-D. Nevertheless, I still loved it. I would definitely go see it again if I could watch it in 3-D!

[quote author="cantaloop"]Wow - I just came back from the Spectrum. Avatar 3-D is amazing. I think this movie ranks as one of the best movies I've seen. Aside from the awesome special effects, it had a strong story line and moral.
(Although one of my friends made a comment about it being another movie in which a white man saves the Aborigine tribes.) Nevertheless, I liked it.

I'm thinking about seeing it again, which I rarely see a movie twice in the theater. Anyone else see it?[/quote]

Very good movie, special effects were amazing.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you on the story line. It was the weakest element. Simple - one dimensional. It was a regurgitation of dances with wolves, pocahontas, previous cameron movies, etc.

[quote author="StuffIt"]
[quote author="cantaloop"]Wow - I just came back from the Spectrum. Avatar 3-D is amazing. I think this movie ranks as one of the best movies I've seen. Aside from the awesome special effects, it had a strong story line and moral.

I'm thinking about seeing it again, which I rarely see a movie twice in the theater. Anyone else see it?[/quote]

Very good movie, special effects were amazing.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you on the story line. It was the weakest element. Simple - one dimensional. It was a regurgitation of dances with wolves, pocahontas, previous cameron movies, etc.[/quote]

Not everyone has seen those movies, and Avatar's version is far superior. I saw Dances With Wolves last week and after 2 hours I was so bored I gave up. The two stories are nothing alike, they may have similar themes but to say it's a regurgitation shows you never saw it before either.

I'm going to agree with StuffIt.

Although it may not be an exact regurgitation... there was little originality in the storyline. One could guess almost every thing that occurred and there were very little surprises.

I liked the movie but it wasn't something that really made me think which is basically what all blockbusters are like. Oscar material... technically yes... but acting/story... not really.

In fact... as an animated movie... I would probable rate Wall-E better than Avatar.

I hope the real Avatar (The Last Airbender) is a better movie.

Back