Automobile window tinting

avie

Any good referrals? an internet search showed up Specialized auto tint (near Spectrum) and A Terrific Tint in MV...anyone with experience at either place?

I have a Honda Pilot 2007...what can I expect as a fair estimate using medium quality film?

Thank you!

Used A Terrific Tint back in '08 and the work was decent. No problems with the tint so far. Can't remember the price, somewhere around $250 for a TSX, I think.

Here are three tint firms with good reputations:

Tint Plus
Call 949-830-1897
23011 Moulton Pkwy, C-10
Laguna Hills, CA 92653 http://www.tintplus.com/

Premier Protective Films International?
544 West Katella Avenue
Orange, CA 92867-4606
(714) 628-0100
www.premiermobilegroup.com?

Perfect Window Tint, Inc.
Owner - Salvador
3071 S. Harbor Blvd
Santa Ana, CA 92704
(714) 546-1002
(714) 549-2200

Tint Zone for Ceramic.  Just got my car tinted a few days ago.  All windows (Lumar CTX) + Windshield (forgot brand, but higher than CTX), low $600s.

I?ve been using Tint Plus for years and very satisfied with their work.  They use Llumar and both of its ceramic tint, Pinnacle & Stratos series, are excellent. 

I had Stratos on wife?s X5 and Pinnacle on my M3 and GT4, very happy with both of them. 

If you want heat rejection, make sure you get ceramic (as opposed to if you're just concerned about privacy/looks).

Rods Tint Shop in Santa Ana does good work. Top of line is Llumar IRX.

hurijo said:
If you want heat rejection, make sure you get ceramic (as opposed to if you're just concerned about privacy/looks).

Rods Tint Shop in Santa Ana does good work. Top of line is Llumar IRX.

I think Stratos is the highest now, but I haven't researched in a while, like Inc I've had good experience with Tint Plus and they carry Stratos.

lnc said:
I?ve been using Tint Plus for years and very satisfied with their work.  They use Llumar and both of its ceramic tint, Pinnacle & Stratos series, are excellent. 

I had Stratos on wife?s X5 and Pinnacle on my M3 and GT4, very happy with both of them. 

Which GT4 do you have?  718 or 981?

USCTrojanCPA said:
lnc said:

Which GT4 do you have?  718 or 981?

1.  Tinting driver and passenger door windows is illegal.
Police can't see inside.  Bad guys can use the concealment to draw a gun and shoot through the glass.  Tinting companies should know this, but they just want your money.
2.  Tinting the glass your middle brake light shows through is also illegal.  Again, they all do it and couldn't care less if you get rear ended because that critical middle light is greatly dimmed by dark glass.

The NTSB determined that cars stop faster with a middle brake light.  Tinting virtually eliminates it.
Check your three or more brake lights monthly. Lots of cars drive with one or more burned out. I honk and show such drivers a sign BRAKE LIGHT OUT.  They give me thumbs up.  Then I show them the reverse side.
NO BIDEN SUPPORTER HELPED YOU!
They always smile and give another thumbs up, with only rare exceptions.

My friend who has taken over 20 cars to SUN BUSTERS in Tustin recommended it to me. I have since tinted three of my cars with great results. Jim the owner (and the only person working there) does the best tint job I've ever experienced. Prices are surprisingly reasonable considering the quality of the tint and material. Above all, this is a "family" business run by Jim for more than 20 years.

SUN BUSTERS
(714) 731-3969
2670 Walnut Ave Ste Q Tustin, CA 92780

I?ve been using Tint Plus for years and very satisfied with their work. They use Llumar and both of its ceramic tint, Pinnacle & Stratos series, are excellent.

I'm planning to go to Tint Plus for my M3. I'm deciding between Pinnacle and Stratos.

Pinnacle: $620 plus $190 for the sunroof
Stratos: $820 plus $270 for the sunroof

$370 for nano ceramic complete windshield coverage, or $260 for ceramic.

Stratos has slightly better heat rejection than Pinnacle, but I don't know if it's worth $280 more.

I'm planning to go to Tint Plus for my M3. I'm deciding between Pinnacle and Stratos.

Stratos has slightly better heat rejection than Pinnacle, but I don't know if it's worth $280 more.
If you are using 30% or darker tint, Stratos does not make that much of a difference in real life. Both Pinnacle and Stratos feel pretty "cool" when the tint is 30% or darker.

However if you like to use lighter tint (40%, 50% etc), or something like 70% tint for windshield, Stratos does feel slighter "cooler".

I did 50% with Pinnacle all around my car and it was night and day w/o it, so even at 50% its great. They did not offer Stratos at the time of my tint job, 16+ years ago and it's still holding up. I had them re-do the front driver side a few years ago as there was a very small bubble, they re-did it with no hassle at no cost due to the lifetime warranty. As Inc stated, if you're going dark, Pinnacle should be fine, but 40/50% I'd pay the premium for Stratos. Wonder if they still have group discounts, need to get the front 2 windows of the van done soon.

I also went with Tint Plus -- Pinnacle 40 front/30 rear. Very happy with the results. You can definitely feel the heat reduction.

I also went with Tint Plus -- Pinnacle 40 front/30 rear. Very happy with the results. You can definitely feel the heat reduction.
I'm thinking 40% for front and either Pinnacle 05 or Stratos 15 for back side windows and rear windows. Not sure about sunroof. Can it be as dark as I want? There's no specific law for sunroof. I would probably go with Pinnacle 05 for sunroof.

I compared 40% and think that it's not worth paying extra for Stratos. Don't know if Pinnacle 05 would be too dark for back side and rear windows.

Back