Ash claiming

lovingit

I have been asked by law office to file for ash claim.  For newer homes due to Hemet fire.  Has anyone done this?  My insurance agent says premiums will increase by 20% for five years due to zero claims policy discount.  But law office claims thousands to tens of thousands in settlement.  They would obviously get a percentage.  Sounds too good to be true but if settlement offsets premium increases, could be possible.  Wondering if anyone has done this?

This sounds suspect.  In addition to a rate increase, you also run the risk of carrier refusing to renew your policy.  My agent advised against claiming out of pocket temporary housing cost during the Silverado fire; which in hindsight was the right decision as my carrier just renewed my policy with only a small rate increase while others have had their carriers not renew.  If you are in parts of PS and OH, your options for insurance carriers are limited as many do not want to write due to fire risk.  You may find yourself paying way more than expected for your homeowner's policy.

If I had legitimate issues from ash, I would look into it. Otherwise, you are just contributing the stupid litigious nature of our society.

zovall said:
If I had legitimate issues from ash, I would look into it. Otherwise, you are just contributing the stupid litigious nature of our society.

I completely agree. Most of the time when you see these litigation, it's just lawyers wanting to make money.

Back