Any good local sport bars in or around Irvine???

There are weekends like this one when I like to head out to a local sport bar and watch as many football games as I can. So since Fox Sports Grill is no longer close by I find myself driving to Out of Bounds over in Huntington Beach (my old stomping grounds). I'm wondering if there are any cool, laidback sports bar in or near Irvine?

Maybe BJ's at The Marketplace?

Apparently all the TIC marketing has not gotten to you yet. "Bars" and "Irvine" are not allowed to be in the same sentence. ;-)

Surprisingly, Strike at the District was pretty decent. They have a slew of plasmas up showing every game possible when I was there. Fast, friendly service from the Rastafarian dude at the bar. Not a bad gig.

Oh, avoid Champs at the Spectrum like a plague. Worst service I have ever gotten at a restaurant. Have they closed down yet???

Probably the biggest and best would be <a href="http://www.espnzone.com/anaheim/">ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney.</a> Huge screens, recliners, tons of programming. Get your parking ticket validated in case you want to hang out longer than the first 2 or 3 free hours of parking.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1225734483]There are weekends like this one when I like to head out to a local sport bar and watch as many football games as I can. So since Fox Sports Grill is no longer close by I find myself driving to Out of Bounds over in Huntington Beach (my old stomping grounds). I'm wondering if there are any cool, laidback sports bar in or near Irvine?</blockquote>

Eh, Lucky Strike Lanes at Block of Orange is pretty empty on weekdays. ;)

Patsy's in Laguna Niguel is a decent local spot. You're better off at Out of Bounds. That used to be a great place to party Fri/Sat night when I was single.

[quote author="Boston2theBay" date=1225778989]Patsy's in Laguna Niguel is a decent local spot. You're better off at Out of Bounds. That used to be a great place to party Fri/Sat night when I was single.</blockquote>
Yeah, there were some cuties over at Out of Bounds this weekend.

There kind of is a bar/pub in Irvine - Lamppost Pizza in Heritage Plaza. Actually have a decent brew or two, unfortunately I haven't been there in a while....

Peppinos in Irvine over by Woodbury.

Joe put in 6-7 nice Plasma`s in the bar.

Its not a Sports Bar. But it will do in a pinch.

Back