Any fried chicken fans?

Wow . . . Just . . . wow. That place was really good. Like "worth dealing with traffic on the 5 fwy" good. Thanks for putting it together, Momo!

So I ate there. Service was incredibly slow and many people did not understand how ordering food worked (including myself).

It's actually a sit-down eatery and the menu was their flyer since I guess they don't have their real ones.

The food was pretty good but the whole "we just opened and are still disorganized" experience was a bit irritating.

I'll probably go back after a few months... or go to one that's been open longer.

I still think JollyBee in Carson has really good fried chicken.

I like <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/mrs-knotts-chicken-dinner-restaurant-buena-park">Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant</a>.

[quote author="bruins@oc" date=1222336663]I like <a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/mrs-knotts-chicken-dinner-restaurant-buena-park">Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant</a>.</blockquote>

Yep!

[quote author="ogredave" date=1222342204]There's one of these BBQ Chicken places opening up @ Diamond Jamboree.</blockquote>

It opened on Monday 9/22, as irvine_home_owner alluded to above.

I went there tonight. I agree that most of the kids working behind the counter are still trying to figure out what's going on, but the one who caught my attention first appeared to be very sharp and knowledgeable about the menu - especially for someone who admitted this was his first day working there! It also helped that I knew the menu somewhat, since been to the Buena Park location before. Nevertheless, it sure beats the drive up there for fried chicken.

BTW, the BB Wings have a bit of a kick to them ... without any sauce whatsoever! Given that experience, I'm glad I didn't order the Red Hot Drumsticks tonight.

Bottom line: I'll come back, but not right away. By then, they should have a handle on how to run things as well as having the spiral-bound menu books. (Maybe they should've done some dry runs in running the place like 85C did across the way.)

Back