Any Advice on Corona?

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1245926244]I read on housing kaboom that the retail center is mostly dying and getting REOd too!

So then you will be down there with little commercial services around.</blockquote>

Dos Lagos is already bank owned. It's not because it doesn't have enough great retail shops, or that it is losing them, it was because it needed a 90% plus occupancy rate just to break even. That is what happens when you drink the Kool-Aid and think that you will be able to increase rents on your tenants, when you don't even have enough to pay your mortgage.

Have you been to Dos Lagos? It really is a fantastic shopping center, it is fairly busy every time I have been there, and I have only been there during off peak times. The traffic flow kinda sucks, but it doesn't suck as bad as the District. There aren't many shopping centers south on the 15 from it, so it gets quite a draw from outlying communities. The Trader Joes is a major anchor for the center, and it is not going any where.

That being said, it is still the 909, and the land of the dirt people. No matter how nice/occupied the shopping center is, the commute alone is a deal breaker. Having to drive out that way (during off peak times) for Cayci's family gatherings makes me appreciate not having to do that drive any more than that. You all think I am cranky now... if I had that commute 4 or 5 days a week, I would be banned before the first month of living there.

Yes, I stop by there several times a year on my way up to Hurkey creek/Idylwild.

It is nice, but the last few times it has been noticeably less busy than a few years ago when it first opened.

I just question whether all those people in bubble era houses along the 15 can support the higher end retailers and restaurants there if they don't have the house ATM to pay for it.

I have kind of a unique situation where living in corona wouldn't be so bad for me. I work at a hospital in anaheim hills 4pm-midnight shift. Commute time for me would be around 15-30 mins going to work, 15 mins coming home if I buy near green river. The only thing I worry about is the times I drive to my parents house in yorba linda, and around town driving. Schools are also a factor. Not sure what to do, but I am definitely interested in the area.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1245923172][quote author="OCCOBRA" date=1245871752][quote author="Vinster" date=1245723994]The Retreat had million dollar homes at the peak.

Quite a few are available now at large discounts: <a href="http://www.redfin.com/search#lat=33.79776539747171&long;=-117.51583814620971&market=socal&status=3&v=4&zoomLevel=16">Redfin map</a></blockquote>

Do yourself a favor and drive around the "Retreat" it is totally out of place as you will enjoy all the dairies and crummy roads and no shopping for miles. The retreat is a loser with high forclosures and homes built on postage stamp lots with high taxes and association fees. May have flied in the OC but will never get off the ground in the IE...</blockquote>

The exit from the 15 to the Retreat is shared with Dos Logos, and I believe there is a commercial center at that exit. The prices there have been flattened. Most are 60% off. At current pricing, you get a huge house on a great golf course for what a crappy condo costs here in Irvine.</blockquote>

And you also get Chino airport in front of the community and high taxes and association. Airport next to houses you do the math. If anyone is working in the OC they will be taking the 71 to get there as to get there from the 15 would take you a good 15 minutes. And the joy of driving on euclid will always ruin your day as if the stink does not kill you the bugs you hit will always trash the front end of your car. And a crappy expensive condo in Irvine is just that and should also be avoided.

Back