Airplane food

momopi_IHB

When flying economy on China Airlines, bring your own food. Just buy some lunch breads and pack it with you on the plane. The seafood flavored instant noodle cup from China Airlines is still good.

If you're flying Business Class the food is better and more acceptable.

I've flown 3 round trips to Asia on China Airlines this year and tried many of their economy class meals, except for the fruit plate. The normal (meat) meals, vegetarian, Indian style vegetarian, etc. My conclusion is that it's inedible, and the Indian style vegetarian meal is unfit for consumption.

Have you flown Eva? The food on their Economy Deluxe was pretty good...got bumped to business class once and the food was not that much better.

I will take food from non-American airlines vs American airlines (not just AA) any time though. I flew continental to the east coast and basically got a egg mcmuffin.

Surprisingly, Asiana has some decent food in economy. When I went to Seoul a few years back, I remember getting some marinated beef tips with a few veggie side dishes. I thought it was pretty good! The omlette that I got for breakfast was good as well. Things may have changed though since I went back in 05.

Momo,

I fly Asiana whether i fly to Seoul, Hong Kong, or Bangkok. Asiana is part of the Star Alliance so can get mileage points with United. They serve Bibimbap for dinner and omlette for breakfast and I never seem to get tired of the food. I'm sure United and American Airlines would get sued if they hired the stewardesses based on their looks, but it seems that it is Asiana's business/marketing niche to hire attractive looking stewardesses. That's why you see guys like CK flying Asiana Air all the time :)

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250821354] That's why you see guys like CK flying Asiana Air all the time :)</blockquote>

Ha, I actually have a funny story about that. One time I traveled to Seattle for a meeting at a Seatac area hotel --- so no need for a rental car, just took the hotel shuttle from the airport. When I get on the shuttle I'm the only one. Next stop we pick up the ENTIRE (must have been) flight crew from a Korean Air flight. Four pilots and at least 10 flight attendants. The shuttle is completely packed once they get on, I am jammed in between all of flight attendants. And then we get off the shuttle and all go check in the hotel at the same time, so I'm standing in line with all of them. I swear, that has got to be one of the better days of my life. I tell that story all the time, and it is always met with "oh man, how lucky were you!"

I love those Korean Air commercials that are always on during the golf tourneys. You don't suppose its an accident that their color is Tiffany blue? I'm sure BK can weigh in on the luxury branding.

[quote author="CK" date=1250821967][quote author="PANDA" date=1250821354] That's why you see guys like CK flying Asiana Air all the time :)</blockquote>

Ha, I actually have a funny story about that. One time I traveled to Seattle for a meeting at a Seatac area hotel --- so no need for a rental car, just took the hotel shuttle from the airport. When I get on the shuttle I'm the only one. Next stop we pick up the ENTIRE (must have been) flight crew from a Korean Air flight. Four pilots and at least 10 flight attendants. The shuttle is completely packed once they get on, I am jammed in between all of flight attendants. And then we get off the shuttle and all go check in the hotel at the same time, so I'm standing in line with all of them. I swear, that has got to be one of the better days of my life. I tell that story all the time, and it is always met with "oh man, how lucky were you!"

I love those Korean Air commercials that are always on during the golf tourneys. You don't suppose its an accident that their color is Tiffany blue? I'm sure BK can weigh in on the luxury branding.</blockquote>

Emily Cho who headed the Korean Air advertising and corporate identity packaging was educated in the US. Her understanding of corporate color and psychology is her strength. She is the current version of the AMC's Mad Men in one episode the Tiffany Blue was referred to as Peacock Blue. Men ran the advertising world during the 60's and so did the beginning of sex appeal being emphasized in public ads. Cho was responsible to come up with the entire reimaging of this brand. The company needed to update its uniform, dinner-wares, seat upholstery, stationery, airplane's interior and exterior design and corporate logo.

She had worked with Tiffany during her apprenticeship. Her selection of this color unified all of the above with good taste where Tiffany has always delivered top notch design in table accessories, Jewelries, services and most important lasting memories. It is a color that appeal to the east and west consumers.

Others such as Architect Michael Graves introduce is Post Modern Blue in his Allessi accessories in the early 80's and since passed it on to Target as its home merchandising and packaging accent color.

Cho's concept was to update its logo depicting Ying and Yang. Her concept of flight is balanced with the mighty sky above and the forceful ocean below. The mixing of blue sky and aqua marine is the harmony of Ying and Yang resulting in the "Tiffany" blue color. The color also represents the best in timeless accessories and design. It resonates well with all segment of the buyers and especially women like herself. This feminine color is one of the first to be introduced in a male dominated aviation industry.

Top Italian designers were commissioned to design uniforms, tableware, and textile design for all the upholstery.

You are lucky when I have nothing else to work on being an unemployed LEED certified feng shui fortune teller waiting for a commission from LKaratz.

Back