AAdvantage Dining Program

zovall_IHB

Has anyone tried this out? If so, let me know what you think. I don't fly regularly anymore but I still have some miles in my frequent flyer account with American Airlines. I recently signed up for this and they give you a number of AA bonus miles (and in return you give them your email address so they can spam you lol).

<a href="http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/">http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/</a>

After you are signed up and have entered your credit card info, they will give you miles if you dine at one of their participant venues. As long as you charge your bill to the registered card, you will get the miles.

They have a couple promotions going on right now:

- New member bonus of 1500 miles

- Double miles (6 instead of 3 per dollar spent - unless you are in a higher tier) on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays

- For every $50 spent (combined, it doesn't have to be at one time), get 500 bonus miles

If you sign up for this program, make sure you also sign up for those promotions.

Anyways, just thought there might be some here that would be interested in this.

I signed up a few years ago but I entered a credit card that I never use. I've been meaning to update my cc information to start collecting miles. You do get a lot of spam, but the program seems like a good deal. I've noticed many restaurants near where I live. If you're going to eat at certain restaurants anyway, you may as well collect the AA miles!

I've been a member of this for years. It's a pretty painless way to get some extra miles, with the "AAdvantage" of not having to be embarrassed about presenting any coupons or Entertainment-type cards...which definitely can be a buzzkill if you're trying to impress a date! ;-)

BTW, just about every airline has a similar program, so if you never fly AA, check out the program for the airline you fly on.

Domestic airlines suck...checked baggage fees and no in-flight service. $10 for a cold cut sandwich!?!

Psh, I'd rather travel to Asia and fly Singapore.

[quote author="Shooby" date=1251350500]Domestic airlines suck...checked baggage fees and no in-flight service. $10 for a cold cut sandwich!?!

Psh, I'd rather travel to Asia and fly Singapore.</blockquote>

you can fly to asia on Cathay with AA frequent flyer miles

There's also Quantas, British air, mexicana, malev, and some others I can't remember.

I swear I got a free flight to Istanbul on Turkish Air just by eating through the AAdvantage dining program but that was several years ago. They used to give like 5,000 bonus miles just for eating at three places with no dollar minimum (ok maybe i'm exaggerating) and there was a time when it seemed like every restaurant in the quail hill shopping center was a member of the program.

Back