2021 Update

socal78

:) Well, hello, TI.

It's been a couple years since I've posted here.. Not sure who is around anymore (Iho... Qwerty... Momopi... Panda?). I was recently taking a trip down Memory Lane and thought of TI for the first time in years so I decided to come make a post.

In 2008, when I first met some of you on IHB, my boys were 2 and 5. Good ol' days! I spent a lot of time discussing real estate, schools, the housing bubble, etc with you guys 10-13 years ago. When TI began in 2009, I had just moved back to Irvine at Portola Springs, and my oldest was starting Kindergarten at Westwood Basics Plus.

Earlier this month, he graduated with honors from Trabuco Hills High School. 🎓

Now, he is a college man! Almost 18. He starts this fall as a Computer Science major. He is currently working a summer job as an Assistant Software Engineer at a defense contractor in Irvine.  He is working on military technology. He loves it and is extremely good at his job, especially considering his age. He definitely has a future as a Software Engineer. I'm excited for him but just wishing I could go back to 2009 and freeze time for a little bit because I miss my little boys. They grow up way too fast. It's bitter-sweet! I miss the days of figuring out which village has the best Tot Lots and spending our summer days together at the pool.

My youngest will now be a sophomore. He's doing great! We are still here in Foothill Ranch.

Well that's all for now. Just thought I would drop in and give a recent update. Hope you all are doing well. 👍🏻

Welcome back! Go Mustangs... I had two go through THHS and they are now in their early twenties.  Panda has the John's Creek ad in the corner and both Qwerty and Momopi frequently post. Hope it's a long summer for you and your grad. Before you know it they are on their way to bigger things in other lands. Treasure the time you have. 

SGIP.

Hey SoCal! Sounds like things are going well for you in FR. sounds like your older boy is well on his way. I here you on freezing time. I have a girl and a boy and the time does indeed fly. Mine are still in elementary school so they still have a ways to go but I see them as they get more independent and will eventually have no need for us other than for us to be their bank :)

Back